Rebuilding E7TE Heads

KlubFoot

I am looking to port and rebuild a set of E7TE heads. I was just wondering what all is done on a standard head rebuild, what should be done specifically to the E7TE heads, and what kind of work would need to be done to put in 1.90/1.60 valves? Also, could someone try to find me a diagram of a head so that I can familiarize myself with all the parts.

The main purpose of this head rebuild/port is for me to learn something. I'm not trying to create the fastest car out there, and I know there are probably a lot better options for me to look into, but I want to be able to learn the basics before I go buying bolt on power. Also, a big factor being played here is my budget.

Guest Spoiler71
As far as porting E7 heads there is some good power to be found. The 1.94/1.60 Chevy valves are the biggest you should use. Most of the attention should be paid to the bowel area behind the valve and making that radius smother and consistent. The 1.84/1.54 Windsor valves will give you less shrouding and for the airflow the heads are good for they work fine. Get the gasket you intend to use and a sharpie and trace the outline of the port and work to match that opening into a consistent and smother transition into the bowl. Smoothen out the combustion chamber but try not to take out any material. The shape on the E7 is not bad to begin with.

Guest Spoiler71
Now when a head is rebuilt you will remove all of the hard ware anincluding the valve guides. Hot tank them to clean the casting and then magniflux them to see if there are any cracks. After that you will begin your porting and changing of the valve seats. Ford had the fore thought to give the head a 1.440 spring seat compared the the 1.25 of the Chevy and should not require any maching for your new springs. Locks, retainers, guides and seals should all be new too.