Window's XP questions?? having some problems

CJINOHIO03

I keep getting weird things going everytime I restart this computer. A few programs were added recently so I think it has to do with that. I dont think there is enough ram. On 98 you could do control alt delete and close programs you are not using is there a way to do this on XP? I know there is task manager but doesnt show everything running. Thanks CJ

Actually it will show most if not all of what is running you just have to click on the processes tab instead of the appliactions tab when you are in the task manager. What type of problems are you having exactly? Most processes where it shows your username as who is running the process are safe to end, not saying all of them are safe. If I ever am unsure of what a process is I usually google the process name to see what it is.

*EDIT... I forgot, also if you goto Start -> Run -> and type "msconfig" and goto the startup tab you can also stop programs from loading when you start windows.