Who can rebuild forks locally?

Mitch

I bought an 01 KTM 250 SX on ebay in November, haven't ridden it yet. The seller mentioned a SLIGHT fork leak when I went to pick it up, of course he didn't mention it on his ebay ad. Well that slight leak turns into a big leak whenever the fork is compressed just from sitting on it.

Where locally can I get fork seals replaced or rebuilt? How much does this usually cost, I was figuring on about 200 bucks.

Oh yeah once the forks are fixed and I get a truck, I need to find someone to ride with, I can't wait to get out there!!!

any local dealer..

Nearest KTM dealer that I know of is by cleveland. I got that from KTM's web page :(

edit, I guess there is some place in reynoldsburg but you know how stealerships are when it comes to parts and labor.

If you have some tools, you could do it yourself.....

Got tools and the manual but no experience :( and don't want to mess stuff up. I guess I probably should try it myself, how else do you get experience? I just don't know where to start.

Got tools and the manual but no experience :( and don't want to mess stuff up. I guess I probably should try it myself, how else do you get experience? I just don't know where to start.

It is very easy. I would say the hardest part is knowing how much oil to put back in. As long as you have that in the manual, you are set. Swapped a pair out for a buddy and it took maybe 2-hours total for everything on a Fat Boy.

Dragknee, your buddy called me today, thanks a million for the help.

I got the sand out of my giner and lowered the dust seals and tried to clear out any dirt or debris that may have got between the fork seal and slider. It seemed to stop leaking, but it could just be out of oil :) I need to go get a 24mm wrench to get the top off to check and refill the oil.

Thanks guys