oil pan on an S10

smokin5s

ok, I bought a S10 with a broken timing chain... no big deal... unfortunately, the chain shot metal all over the oil pan so it has to come down... who ever worked on this thing before put RTV EVERYWHERE and I can't get the oil pan down... anyone know any tricks to get it down or want to help get it pulled off... I have beer :D

well fuck, so I get the pan taken care of... everything cleaned out and back on... I go to put the belt tensioner on and the bolt fell and went right into the oil pan... I'm not to happy... either I have rig something up or take the pan back off.

I'm thinking maybe a wire coat hanger and a magnet will work...

Guest FBody Addict

that'll be fun since the pan is steel and the magnet will stick to everything and being on a string you can't push the magnet around go to autozone and spend $1.99 on one of those extendable magnets, comes in handy, i left two pushrods sitting in the lifter valley and then put the whole manifold back together i was able to run the magnet through a drainhole to the lifter valley and get the pushrods

it's on like a cheap stereo antenna tube, so if you are carefull (just don't kink it) you can put wide bends into it