v6 to 5.0

gt-titan

a friend of mine has asked me to help him do a swap in a 95 mustang,it has a v6 in it and he wants to put a 5.0 in it. he has two motors a 5.0 from like a 93 gt and he has a built 302 carb motor.i guess what i need to know is, is this that bad of a job,and what all will i need? and it is a 5 speed in it now,what tranny is in the v6 cars? i have a list started like ecu,wiring,for the efi motor,motor mounts.if you have done this before let me know what else i will need and any info to help me get it done. thanks.

Guest Removed

All the 3.8 cars ive seen had rear disc brakes and a 8.8 but a open 8.8....

But you never know. Ive seen some v-6 car's with posi's and 3.73 gear's.

Might want to find out what you have to work with. The rear end thats in it will hold ,but not for very long. The trans will hold up,but it will break. so v-8 counter parts will be needed..Depending on which path you want to take with the car.

Street build or Strip/Street build?

which way is this car headed..

Motor mounts, radiator hoses, double hump cross member? the breaks will do just fine on that car due to they have to a huge upgrade from the fox body(but then again everything is) the t-5 in the car already will make it move but is only rated to like 250 or so ft lbs ( so get a world class trans) i recomend an alum driveshaft, elec. fan, unless your gonna use the stock one. Also you might want to upgrade the springs and shocks to handle the added weight, stock v8 parts will do this fine. also u will have ot upgrade the fuel system with pump and regulator i know im missing alot prolly but thats a good start

eric

from someone who as worked onthe swap. Carbed would be alot easier also Drive shaft length of current drive shaft into current rearend will fit. Also you will need to CUSTOM fab a cross member bar to the tranny i had a damn near complete 5.0 swap done on my 95 mustang and i got rid of it and instead obuying it back like planned wife lost job back then but . Rob seen my setup cause he helped me with a few parts its possible to do but GO CARBED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if the v6 is paid off and u have the parts I say do it. Get your headers off ebay. get ur midpipes off ebay,. a set of flowmasters . i spent i think 300$ of headers and nice midpipes from mac. the drop is in fairly str8 forward if you got all the shit from the v6 around. make sure your well tooled and got alot of time like i said your gonne need to weld for the tranny mount. And suspensin wise. Go with some Dropzone springs off ebay and some monroe sensa trak shocks. Nice suspensions. the brakes are the same in 95. and the rearend unless changed will be a 7.5 with open diff. That might hold up for a few passes but its gonna grenade. http://www.3.8mustang.com is a great site for info.

yep, all v-6's in sn-95 are 7.5 rear ends. the T-5 in the v-6 will not work, the bellhousing will not mount up to the 5.0. I had one and it didn't work. the input shaft is differnt and the bearings on it are different sizes. if you need help wiring up the fuel injection, I can give you a few tricks that i learned.