At Last!!!

SPLN SUX

Well, at long last... after almost two years of down time... my Z24 is finally getting its parts. I orderd some .020 over pistons, a T3/T4 57trim .63 A/R stage 3 turbo, an exhaust manifold, and 38mm Tial wastegate. I already have some stuff... but there are a couple things i still need to pick up... and nitrous is not out of the question ;)

Im looking to have it up and running by the time i get my license back in September, but im going to need a little help with the actual swapping of the motor when its all put back together. Because i just had a surgery for a hernia, i cant exactly muscle stuff around like i used to. Perhaps theres maybe still a couple people i havent pissed off that could aid me sometime :p

Anyway, a couple things im looking for...

- A good place to have my head decked, ported, milled .040, and rebuilt

- A place that can make a custom intake manifold

- A place that can run my exhaust that wont give me shit about not using a converter

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

See you in the Fall! :burn:

oh dont get me wrong... i hate the car it self... its a handful... mostly because its garbage from the factory. I do however LOVE the engine... its work of art. I wont hesitate to take a plasma cutter to the inside of that car... but the engine is my baby :burn:

BTW

all of these cars are running smaller ,and milder engines and turbos with less boost than my intended setup :burn:

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/cavalier/3/6CE0C4C2-EB18-4B27-9628-59A93D9D1FE0.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/cavalier/5/971EA58F-694F-4893-B282-5408057990A3.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/cavalier/4/5E60160A-B9FE-4F15-9CFB-F1738CBE8420.htm

:):):)

The UPS man visited me today :D

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/mrmeanr/DSC00059.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/mrmeanr/DSC00058.jpg

Im still waiting on my turbo to come, but at least now i can put the whole bottom end together. :burn:

I know the getrag is ok but how will your tranny (isuzu IIRC) handle everything???

I dont think it will handle it very long... maybe just long enough to tune it :p Realistically though, this car will probably be more of a dyno/roll-on princess (its not cool enough to be a queen lol) than anything. Maybe run a 10-15inHG daily and really let it cut loose on the dyno. Due to the nature of these engines, and thier notorious reputation for uncontrollable surging from boost, i dont think id really be able to put more than maybe 300whp to the ground w/o really fighting it. So the higher boost would probably only come out on the dyno and maybe a couple highway runs... oh yea, you know i have to run it a couple times just to see ;)

Im going to start looking thru the junkyards for a trans off a 2.3HO... they are pretty stout and some even had a quaife LSD from the factory. Supposedly, they bolt right up... but i havent actully looked at the bell housings to check.

If that doesnt work, i can always have a 4T40E put together with 4T45E parts... that seems to be holding the power for the automatic guys. If i could get a 3T40 to mate up, id use it instead... its the strongest of all the trannys used in the J bodies... but it was used in the LN2 chassis and its vacuum controled so the shifts arent that fast.

I suppose ill figure it all out when i get there.

well, i guess thats one good way to bide time before youre legal again.

Yup... my main thing is that because its paid off... i can pay liability only on it... So as soon as it runs NA, the Volvo is being sold. Then as soon as i get all my parts together, ill go buy somehting else to cruise around in while i boost the Z24. The suck part is that i might not be able to get it running on boost this year :( However the nice part is, ill have everything i need and have a good 3000-5000 miles on the fresh motor so itll be nice and broken in before crossing into the 400+ club :p It might take me a while to source down a w41 for its cams/towers and PS pump :burn:

Yea, I know of a site that can get you a set, but damned if they aren't pricy..Not to mention that their customer service sucks bad. I was going to do the w41 route with my grand am as their motor produced 190HP to the wheels on the stock motor..

I doubt you will find any in a junkyard now a days. Most likely will have to keep checking e-bay or private sellers.

Damn i bet that CRX is a rocket! Its amazing what some torque will do :p

Im not too worried about money really... im not on a budget... ill just make it take as long as it has to. I just want it to be the way i want it in the end... and however long it takes doesnt matter.