PDA and GPS

Jackson1647545504

No PDA GPS for me but I use a Garmin eTrex for top speed runs. It's great for only $99 at Wal-mart and a true speed reading since the POS stocker isn't even close to accurate... :(

What are you going to be using it for? Are you primarily doing time, speed, distance, etc...calculations or do you plan to use it as NAV? I would spend the money and get a better one if you do long trips and need the NAV. Otherwise you can't beat the cheaper ones for the functions.

What does the upgrade run for your PDA?

I ended up ordering a Garmin GPS 10 today ($200 with software Palm OS/Windows Mobile/WindowsXP). Its a bluetooth GPS logger/reciever that can pair with a PDA or Computer. Basically, I plan to use it for navigation with the PDA on the handbars or through the map screen of a tank bag. I already have a Palm TX with bluetooth and wifi built in.

In addition to the PDA navigation I can offload the GPS data to a few desktop applications, including google earth to create route images such as...

http://fisher.osu.edu/~shoberg_2/cr/index.php.jpg