shop recomendation

Lustalbert

Anyone know of a shop that would be comfy moding a GM TBI unit?

I have a TBI unit from a 5.7 ch*bby, 42MM bores. I want to get it bored to 50-54MM. The stock rating of 400 CFM just isnt cutting it on a 455. Would also need the throttle plates made and installed. Anyone feel comfy in thier boring/machining skills?

BTW a modded one on ebay goes for about 200, looking to get in cheaper than this.

Guest 614Streets
Yah u need more tbi I have a 670 cfm unit on my 2.8! Im suprised you cant find a holley unit cheap on ebay or a 454 unit from a local yard. How many psi are you running on your current tbi?

Guest 614Streets

In fact heres a 670 unit on ebay at 150 with 9 hrs left . http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Holley-670-CFM-TBI-Unit-BOLT-ON-87-89-Chevy-GMC_W0QQitemZ8055685441QQcategoryZ33558QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That one has the newer delphi injectors to which means its one of the good holley units , the older units have black caps over the injectors and suck for 2 reasons , 1 the injectors fail and 2 the injector hold downs are plastic.

Im wondering why you wouldnt run a 4 barrell tbi.

Trying to do it on the cheap. This is going to be something that runs, but isnt really permenant. I am curently running about 12 psi, but i have a regulator and am planning to bump to about 30. I have the orange injectors, I belive they are 45lb.