Turbo Dodge

Comebackkid

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry but 400+hp is not a hard mark to hit in these cars he said he had the s60 set up, that is just the beginner set up that you could buy over the counter from dodge.And most of the faster dodges don't look like they are about to fall apart. Are there faster cars out there?yes But is this a good cheep platform to go decent fast and have alot of fun? yes True it is not as cheap and or as fast as a bike but we can drive it to work and in the rain as well.

true, but until is has 400hp or runs 12's in the quarter all i'm gonna do is laugh. when i bought a '90 awd talon for 1200 bucks and took it to the track and ran 13.1 @ 103 @17psi on pretty much a stock setup i was impressed. now if the turbo dodge was a daily driver then cool. my '90 was my 12 second daily beater so i could work on the 2g(my race car). And where does this come in with a bike? dont even get me started on all the stupid ass squids around here.... oh and if you are a REAL rider you dont care if it's raining. It's all the people who try to be cool that say stuff like that.

So basically, they are great beater/daily cars, but dont act like they are hardcore sweet, unless you have the power to back it up. when someone says they have 275-300hp and think it's a big deal, it's just a slap in the face to any true enthusiast.

you can make ANY car really fast. just takes $$. i'm just tired of people with cars they think are fast coming on here and actin hard. fast is a relative word i know, but seriously, these kids who pull up revvin on real cars because they have some pos with a turbo and think they are fast running 13's. high 12's are getting to the point that it's not even that fast anymore. so let's say 12.5 or quicker or a trap over 115mph would get my respect. i know of plenty of cars that are really fast that started out being average rice burners. think of coltboostin and his car. that car deserves some serious props. but there are plenty of kids who drive a car just like it with the n/a engine running 14-15 seconds that think they are sweet.

i'm just tired of people with cars they think are fast coming on here and actin hard. fast is a relative word i know, but seriously, these kids who pull up revvin on real cars because they have some pos with a turbo and think they are fast running 13's. so let's say 12.5 or quicker or a trap over 115mph would get my respect.

honestly werent you just talking about your car is pimp shit being that it turned 13.1?

ohh and for the second part. 12.5 or faster would get respect from you than visit http://www.turbododge.com over 50% of those people turn faster than 12.5. 25% will be 13s or quicker this season and that last little 25% keep their cars stock for good reason. resale on GLHS in good shape with everything, window sticker, plaque, manual (just like my 87 glhs) sell from anywhere between 6500-10000 when in good shape.

Honestly if you dont have a Turbo Dodge, which this guy asking to run then dont jump on this topic. I did just to see where it would go.

enjoy people

yea, that car was pretty cool since it was:stock turbo,intercooler,entire intake system/ intercooler piping, injectors, flywheel, fuel system, ignition, etc. all it had was a fuel pump, act 2100,home made full exhaust, and mbc set at 17lbs. on 93 octane on the 3rd pass it ran 13.10 @ 103. AND it was my BEATER!! i dont think it's fast, but it's pretty quick for what it is. so i had a 12 second beater piece of shit( yes it was a piece of shit, this is my point)and a "sleeper" 2g talon that looked like crap that ran low 12's. after living through the whole "let's make a pos cheap car fast" i've now come to realize how dumb it was. yea i'd love to just throw a couple grand at a car and run a fast time and have a blast with it, i did with both my 1g's, well 1k bucks. and notice, i said that if it runs 12.5 or quicker i give it props, so all those cars that you said run quicker than that, i give props. anything slower gets nothing from me, unless it's one of the MINT collector's cars. i value cars that are taken car of, collector's pieces, or fast. the ones that fall in between are just that, floating around in an are of "who gives a shit".

This is great :) I love my 89 shelby hair dryer car with no rust and T tops built motor. Sure it may not be a 10 second car but one day I'll get it in the 12's, but I really see no need to be that fast. Also not turbododge.com , Boostedmopar.com , and Turbomopar.com all have guys with 10,11,12,13 second cars and have spent very little doing it.

well give me intell next you and i will hurt your feelings WITH MY 4 4CYL BUDDY but my glhs is not no joke yes it might be stock but its still nasty for what it is.

you have a 86 charger. so its not a GLHS. only GLHS's are 86 GLHS which is a 4 door Omni and the 87 is a 2 door Omni known as a charger. also the charger body style was started in 83 and was also known as the turismo, 024. so did you convert your hot air T1 to and intercooled t1 if so your making about 125hp. Just wondering

Guest Removed
well give me intell next you and i will hurt your feelings WITH MY 4 4CYL BUDDY but my glhs is not no joke yes it might be stock but its still nasty for what it is.hate to sould like a dick head but dont tell me my turbo dodge is a pos

stock block and crank, does not count as all stock :p