sv racer

owndjoo

well, finally got some better shots of my '04 SV650 racebike. first race is this weekend at Beaverun in PA. Superstock build. will have new bodywork and paint sometime in June most likely. same bodywork/paint as the sig. Team Puresports Designs

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/owndjoo/Picture038.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/owndjoo/Picture039.jpg

that's a hard # to come up with. the bike was $5k, leathers, helmet,boots,gloves are valued at well over 1500 prolly. 20ft trailer was some $$ as well as our $60k diesel pusher motorhome. we've dropped about 2k in the last week just getting everything ready for this first week. you can do it on a much smaller budget, but we've been doing racing since i was 10-11years old and have just kept getting bigger and bigger every year. we had a 32' stacker trailer when we were drag racing a couple years ago. so this is actually a step down in $$. i've been told by other racers that the average expenditures come out to around $1k for every race weekend. we have 9 regional races this year....There are other classes that are a lil cheaper to run, but the lwt twins(my main class) is pretty much toward the cheapest. inline bikes burn up alot more tires. Some Superbikes cost upward of 30k just to build as well. it all depends on what you are wanting to do. The longer you do it and the better you are, sponsors will take the major hits. It seems that sponsors are much easier to get/work with in road racing, as compared to the drag racing and motocross i've done before.

It's nice when you have someone else to fund your fun! :cool:

gotta love the family! We started out showing quarter horses(talk about spendin a lot of coin...) and my dad and i split off after i won the Quarter Horse Congress in my class in '96. I raced MX for a few years before gettin hurt and moving to drag racing. raced jr's for a few years and then stepped up to Super Comp(8.9 index) in a 8 flat car. I did the DSM thing during that time on my own and now have moved on to roadracing and motocross/supermoto with my own funds. With my parents divorce racing has kept me and my dad very close and we both have a blast. Racing is much better family wise than any ball sport.