Air Bag Light..

Kevin R.

After my accident my air bag light is on. Air bags didn't deploy, and the light did not come on until after I got it back from the body shop. The body shop will not have anything to do with fixing it (long story), so was wondering if anyone knew.

It is a code 45, LH Radiator Primary Crash Sensor Not Mounted to Vehicle Properly.

Now, I don't see how else the damn sensor can mount. It is in its correct place, and exactly the same as the right sensor. Could it just need the code cleared?

Anyone know anything about this?

BTW - its a 94 Mustang GT.

Thanks.

Check the connection at the sensor, it could of also caused a short. Another thing could of happened and it's a busted sensor, it could just be pulling the wrong reading constantly, which it would say is mounted wrong.

Good news is you can play with these things as long as the Air bag light is on, because if the light is on the module is disabled and will not deploy.

Take that info for what it's worth though because static electricity is enough to make one deploy after it's already been taken out of the car.

Ya, but it was hit in the front right. Also, I drove the car around for 2 weeks after the accident with no problems at all. When the body shop removed the core support they fucked everything known to man on my car up. I have everything worked out now except this.

I guess I will just have to play around with it...thanks guys.

Guest Removed
Ya, but it was hit in the front right. Also, I drove the car around for 2 weeks after the accident with no problems at all. When the body shop removed the core support they fucked everything known to man on my car up. I have everything worked out now except this.

I guess I will just have to play around with it...thanks guys.

main wiring harness is on that side isnt it?

bad ground at the core support, bad sensor or wiring issue!

really need the ford scan tool, to get into the body control module and see whats going on, even then you'll still have to pin it out to find it...(if my memory serves me right)

Ya the main wiring harness is on the LH side, and the horn and LH impact sensor are together in one. That is what confused me because it was clear cut something was wrong with the harness because the horn and light were on before. Now, after hitting my horn repeatedly, it works. So, I am just left with the sensor. I cannot find a ground on this thing anywhere, as it travels through the core support and into the fender.

I am thinking it is probably the sensor because the harness to the impact sensor disconnects right on the inside of the core support, which they probably just did. So, it probably isn't wiring.

What I am wondering, can you test an impact sensor to make sure it is good? I am not sure what happens to one when it goes off....

You nailed it.

It was a bad ground the core support. Took off that sensor, scared up the holes where they painted, and that code stopped. It then pulled 2 more clearable codes, so now I am good to go.

Thanks for all the good info and help.