Salvage Titles

Guest bigb

Guest bigb
Ok...so I don't know if this is the correct place to post this question. Does anyone know anything about salvage titles? I bought a car about a year ago from a friend's father that still has a salvage title but has been completely restored. I just got a new car a couple of months ago and now desire to sell this vehicle. Can it be resold with a salvage title and if so does this lower the value of the vehicle? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Plus, does anybody know of any good websites to post the car on???

a salavge title means that it would of cost to much to fix the car than it was worth (in an accident). Once the car has a salvage it will always have that title i think so. If it would change from a salvage to a re-built. and of course its going to lower the value of the car.

i have heard from a friend thats sells used cars, that in ohio, once a salvage car has been titled 3 times it becomes clean once again.

so just sell it to your mom, then your dad, then its good.

again, i only have heard this. you can always call the bmv.

I know a guy that bought a salvage title vehicle and ran the title through a friend in Indiana.Once he had it put in his name in Ohio(with an out of State inspection) the title lost the Salvage label.A lot of paper work and out of sate inspections to get that removed,plus the Carfax would show that and throw up a red flag anyways.Can a car be sold with a salvage tile,yes.Will it bring less money than a clean title car,yes.If it has been repaired correctly just tell the buyer up front and if it hasn't been repaired correctly just tell the buyer upfront.

In order to drive a vehicle with a salvage title, you have to get it inspected by the state. That changes it from salvage to rebuilt salvage. You would need to call the BMV to find a place that inspects them and make an appointment. And yes, this does drop the value on the car. The rest of the stuff posted in this thread sounds like hearsay, so I would take it with a grain of salt.

to get it inspected by the state. That changes it from salvage to rebuilt salvage

you will need all the paper work from where and what the parts came off of ...so if you go to pick and pull for a fender wright down the serl# from the car with out all the info they will not ok it and you will have to change the parts ..or get all the info and start all over ......there is a type salvage title in ohio that can not be rebuilt... for the car to be put back on the road ....

Guest bigb
I appreciate all the input, but I have been driving this car for over a year now. It had a salvage title when I bought it so it has already been inspected. I just didn't know if I would be able to resell it myself or try to get the salvage off the title. I guess I could call the BMV. Thanks.