Remington 700

schmuckingham

I would be interested as I have been wanting one for quite some time. Dammit that this one doesn't have the barrel or the stock I was looking for.

Its that an older version of the 700VS ? (Varmit Synthetic) or is that just a straight 700 with a synthetic stock. It doesn't appear to have a FFB (Free Floating Barrel) but its tough to tell by the pics.?

I would have to say its the VS, i wasnt aware that bolt action rifles used a FFB.

I would have to say its the VS, i wasnt aware that bolt action rifles used a FFB.

Yeah actually many of the newer Remington 700's have a FFB. The barrel is only attached back at the block at the receiver. You can actually slide a dollar bill around the barrel and slide it all the way to the receiver. The M24 is the same way

Linky for Remington. They mention that their police issues are FF but Im positive that most of the 700 series is as well.

http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/700.htm

Yeah actually many of the newer Remington 700's have a FFB. The barrel is only attached back at the block at the receiver. You can actually slide a dollar bill around the barrel and slide it all the way to the receiver. The M24 is the same way

Linky for Remington. They mention that their police issues are FF but Im positive that most of the 700 series is as well.

http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/700.htm

I can do that on this rifle........ huh

OK....the SPS (Special Purpose Synthetic) was new in 2005. It could be had in .300WM, .300WSM, or .300RUM variations (along with many others). There are three versions of the 700 SPS, 700 SPS DM (Detatchable Mag.), and 700 SPS Stainless. Although there isn't a .300WSM in the SPS DM. SO....here's the break down, 700 SPS - MSRP $532, 100% condition - $435, 98% - $390, 95% - $365, 90% - $325, 80% - $290. 700 SPS DM - MSRP $559 - 100% - $450, 98% - $400, 95% - $365, 90% - $330, 80% - 295. 700 SPS Stainless - MSRP $625 - 100% - $495, 98% - $435, 95% - $395, 90% - $325, 80% - $275.

Of course these are the prices for the gun itself and not anything added such as optics, slings, bipods, etc. So those things must be taken into account seperately and then add to the pricing above. Hope that helps.

PS.....I'll stick with my Savage model 12BVSS in .243 w/ an Accutrigger, 6-18 X 50 Bushnell Dusk to Dawn, and bipod. Not something you want to lug around as it is HEAVY but 300 yard shots are pretty easy.