Challenge for Coltboostin

Sam1647545489

Since I have read that your car is ready, I think I have a good race for you. Let me first say this, my car is down for the next week as I am goin with a new setup. All my parts will be in middle of this coming week, car will be put back together that weekend and then I will need at least 2 weeks to break everything in and get the car tuned. So that leaves me till the 2nd week in June.

Proposal:

You and I meet at Norwalk on a friday night or whenever they have a open track night, preferably close to the weekend. We make a few passes to get the cars dialed in to where we think they are 100%. Me and you race 1 race for 100$. A simple and little wager since after my new build I strapped for cash and cant make big wagers for alittle bit and since I think you are a college student, this shouldnt push you out of your limits. You can bring all your friends as i would like to meet Gunner and Jamie and I will bring Linn, Tilley and whoever wants to go. We can video the race for everyone to see.

Limitations:

If anyone of us red lights, that qualifies for a loss of the race and money

If one of us breaks, no money needs to be exchanged.

We only get 1 chance at each other, no rematches

I think that Norwalk would be a good central point for both of us, prolly closer for you then me but thats ok. So 2nd week in June if there is anytime Norwalk would let us run then I would like to run you. Also I posted this here cause I am sure someone will go crazy with this thread and tune it upsidedown.

So let me know if tha sounds good for you, I think it is that way you get to race a Cbus ZO6, we can all meet in person, there wont be any excuses from whoever loses and we can keep it safe and legal.

Sam

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting idea, but JP isn't going to run anyone from Columbus balls out prior to running John. Maybe if JP and John agree to change the highway money race to Norwalk....that might be an idea. It's up to JP and John. But coming on up to bullshit is a good idea regardless.

on may 26th the mustang corral has the track rented (norwalk) and you pay at the gate its 35 or 50 bucks can't remember. Plenty of time to get dialed in and then line up, no tech either, just bring a helmet.

This date might be cuttin alittle to close. I dont see why Jp wont run me prior to running John. If he is out racing a bunch on the streets what is one pass on the track?.

Limitations:

If anyone of us red lights, that qualifies for a loss of the race and money

If one of us breaks, no money needs to be exchanged.

We only get 1 chance at each other, no rematches

I suggest a predetermination of what defines a "break". IE, car will not run/go into gear/etc. Losing the race and saying "my blow off valve didn't work right" shouldn't cut it.

on may 26th the mustang corral has the track rented (norwalk) and you pay at the gate its 35 or 50 bucks can't remember. Plenty of time to get dialed in and then line up, no tech either, just bring a helmet.

do you have a link to this track rental?

Let define break in a very intense sense. It causes the car to be TOWED off the track.

Also as long as i anit busy I will have a few angles going and edit it all together.

SAM:

Do you have a window mount.

I've got

1 ZR200

2 high end sonys and tripods

I will go just to video but I really can't pay 50$ if i anit racing.

If the mustang guys wanna work out something for me I wont race my monte but i will post some video up for them then we cool.

Dragway 42 would be a lot closer for you Columbus guys, and there's actually the chance that you'll get more than 1 or 2 passes. The track was recently repaved (sort of), and while not the greatest it's a much better location for a grudge match. I really don't know what JP thinks about the whole drag race thing, but I'd be in if my heap is running and track tested before then.

This date might be cuttin alittle to close. I dont see why Jp wont run me prior to running John. If he is out racing a bunch on the streets what is one pass on the track?.

id have to agree with this question. we just read a 10 page thread in which jp repeatedly asked john to get his car done because hes afraid hes gonna blow up his car racing all these folks on the street. i believe the number was 20+. one pass at the strip shouldnt be a problem, right?

if youre worried that after seeing jp run the good doctor will bow out of his race, ill be the first to say that the doc doesnt operate that way. not in my past history with him at least. regardless, if i recall correctly, there was a deposit put down on this race a while back to ensure that this kind of thing wouldnt happen. if tilley does go o.j. on us and drive his white bronco into the sunset, you get a hundred bucks for nothing.

maybe im not reading this correctly, but now really isnt the time to get sensitive and start sandbagging for your homie.

edit:i agree with mensan. define that stuff before the race, so theres no doubts.

Maybe if JP and John agree to change the highway money race to Norwalk....that might be an idea. It's up to JP and John. But coming on up to bullshit is a good idea regardless.

No dice, unless that track is long enough to start at a 60 roll and run them to 160. :)

BTW, Sam's car will in all probability be done before mine. So, if we're trying to plan a meet for early June, then I'll probably just be along for the ride and the bullshitting. We've talked about getting together pre-"D-Day" anyway, Jamie, so you know that I'm cool with meeting up just to hang, bullshit, have dinner, whatever.

if youre worried that after seeing jp run the good doctor will bow out of his race, ill be the first to say that the doc doesnt operate that way.

Werd - that's not my style. In fact, know how I blew my motor? Racing an R1 with a good rider that I knew I had almost no chance whatsoever of beating. Why race him then? Because he called me out and I accepted the challenge. End of simple story.

Anyway, JP, look at it this way - you've been so good at talking smack that half of CLB wants a shot at you. (The other half of CLB just wants to shoot you. :) )

id have to agree with this question. we just read a 10 page thread in which jp repeatedly asked john to get his car done because hes afraid hes gonna blow up his car racing all these folks on the street. i believe the number was 20+. one pass at the strip shouldnt be a problem, right?

if youre worried that after seeing jp run the good doctor will bow out of his race, ill be the first to say that the doc doesnt operate that way. not in my past history with him at least. regardless, if i recall correctly, there was a deposit put down on this race a while back to ensure that this kind of thing wouldnt happen. if tilley does go o.j. on us and drive his white bronco into the sunset, you get a hundred bucks for nothing.

maybe im not reading this correctly, but now really isnt the time to get sensitive and start sandbagging for your homie.

No one is sandbagging. Didn't you see JP posting his races already and giving the specs of the cars he's running? He has been running his car almost everyday. Given the uncertainty of IPS finishing John's car in a timely manner, I would like JP to take it easy so he in fact doesn't blow anything up before hooking up with John. We all know the quality of the parts in the car :) As I stated before, John will be the first Columbus race for JP. So at this point, we're just waiting on John's car.

Sam, I'm sure JP and others will run you at the track too. But let's get JP and John together first. Then I'm sure the others will be waiting in line to have a "shot" at him.

But yes, let's get together in June regardless.

No one is sandbagging. Didn't you see JP posting his races already and giving the specs of the cars he's running? He has been running his car almost everyday. Given the uncertainty of IPS finishing John's car in a timely manner, I would like JP to take it easy so he in fact doesn't blow anything up before hooking up with John. We all know the quality of the parts in the car :) As I stated before, John will be the first Columbus race for JP. So at this point, we're just waiting on John's car.

Sam, I'm sure JP and others will run you at the track too. But let's get JP and John together first. Then I'm sure the others will be waiting in line to have a "shot" at him.

But yes, let's get together in June regardless.

That sounds good, I guess i can wait till after they run. Let me know when in June is a good time and we can all get together and run some other cars. I know I will prolly be runnin my car down the track a few times to get a good baseline on where the car is.

Ill translate. JPs out streetracing every single night on 12psi and pump gas against 17 second cars to make himself seem like the street racing legend while Tilleys car is still down. "Low boost" on a 2.0L GT42 is mid/high 20s so that thing has got to be so rediculously slow Im amazed you found a stock civic to pull on. He knows one real run against a fast car that will require big boost means the odds of it driving home are less than him winning a 2nd grade spelling bee. His powerband is so disgustingly small without 35+psi or a huge shot of nitrous from a dig Sam will destroy him and even though hes dumber than a rock, I think even he is smart enough to realize this. If he "trys" to win his car will break more parts than hes supposedly paid for LOL.

Like I told Gunner, toss on the 250-shot and weld the head to the block because hes going to need it just to try to keep up :)

Oh, and since we are the ones putting the new "parts" on Sams car, and it will be done in less than a week (assuming they show up on time) you can keep running your mouth all you want about us taking forever. One set-up is a wee-bit more complicated than the other and we're not about to rush decisions and our work so that a true badass street car can go race a quick shitbox. The colt will break 5 times before the race regardless and if its down while were up then there are plenty of other fast shitboxes down here to run. Besides, I think John would rather race $5k bikes than $5k cars :)

Jeff

Ill translate. JPs out streetracing every single night on 12psi and pump gas against 17 second cars to make himself seem like the street racing legend while Tilleys car is still down. "Low boost" on a 2.0L GT42 is mid/high 20s so that thing has got to be so rediculously slow Im amazed you found a stock civic to pull on. He knows one real run against a fast car that will require big boost means the odds of it driving home are less than him winning a 2nd grade spelling bee. His powerband is so disgustingly small without 35+psi or a huge shot of nitrous from a dig Sam will destroy him and even though hes dumber than a rock, I think even he is smart enough to realize this. If he "trys" to win his car will break more parts than hes supposedly paid for LOL.

Like I told Gunner, toss on the 250-shot and weld the head to the block because hes going to need it just to try to keep up :)

Oh, and since we are the ones putting the new "parts" on Sams car, and it will be done in less than a week (assuming they show up on time) you can keep running your mouth all you want about us taking forever. One set-up is a wee-bit more complicated than the other and we're not about to rush decisions and our work so that a true badass street car can go race a quick shitbox. The colt will break 5 times before the race regardless and if its down while were up then there are plenty of other fast shitboxes down here to run. Besides, I think John would rather race $5k bikes than $5k cars :)

Jeff

You've had John's car for a long time. Stop paying attention to these forums and get it done. We're all waiting.

Good idea, but this would give away what JP runs and traps, and would give Tilley an edge over JP, because Tilley will have timeslips of JP's car, and JP has never seen Tilleys Vette run.

Do you honestly think for one second we/Tilley give a rats ass what the colt will/could run?? LOL. Thanks for the laugh....

I can just see it now -- "Oh shit, the colt ran xx @ xxx mph now we need to pull the egine out and sell it really quick to go with a big block and a GT47R to win that $100 bet"

I know you have the built-in excuse of the Cleveland public schools lack-of-education but think a little bit before you post again...

Jeff

PS

I just find it hilarious that you guys think its even going to be a race :) All this hype for a race that will be about as close as if they just raced the Z06 and the Colt both bone stock.

You've had John's car for a long time. Stop paying attention to these forums and get it done. We're all waiting.

Having Johns car for a long time and having his engine for a long time are two entirely different things. All the speculation in the world doesnt compensate for physically having the engine here to test clearances / tolerances and make decisions on what we need to do to get everything properly set-up.

Keep pretending we are going so sloooowwwww all you want with its progress, especially since you dont have any idea about what is being done on a daily basis.

Oh, and whether I post online 24/7 or once a year, the timeline on anyones car (not just Tilleys) doesnt change one second. Thanks for playing...

Jeff

Having Johns car for a long time and having his engine for a long time are two entirely different things. All the speculation in the world doesnt compensate for physically having the engine here to test clearances / tolerances and make decisions on what we need to do to get everything properly set-up.

Keep pretending we are going so sloooowwwww all you want with its progress, especially since you dont have any idea about what is being done on a daily basis.

Oh, and whether I post online 24/7 or once a year, the timeline on anyones car (not just Tilleys) doesnt change one second. Thanks for playing...

Jeff

Stop with the excuses...just get it done.

Guest chpmnsws6
Anyway, JP, look at it this way - you've been so good at talking smack that half of CLB wants a shot at you. (The other half of CLB just wants to shoot you. :) )

More the first then the second.. But don't want to do any call outs till the car is a confirmed runner (haven't driven it in ages)

Hope this is not pouring more gas on the fire but.......

Jamie, in all seriousness, if you are so worried about Jp's car doing whatever in a race with me, the I think you should tell Jp to just park the car and not run it until Tilley and Jp race. I mean even at low boost and not getting on it something could still go wrong and break something in the motor. I mean hell even day to day driving normal something could go wrong. So your reasoning for Jp not needing to race me really doesnt make sense.

Another question is where has Jp been this whole time in this thread, it is weird he hasnt posted once yet not that I miss his posts. I would like to know if I still get my race after Tilley races him. And I still think one pass down the track wont hurt his car to much and even something does break I am sure Tilley would wait for him to fix it, I mean shouldnt all he have to do is go to the local junkyard to get some more parts for his car or to the local autozone??