Jiffy Lube Scamming

AMC74AMX

I feel bad for people that can't do their own work on their car or just wont do it themselves and they have to take their car to places like that.. I could never EVER trust someone to do the work on my car and really think that it got done the right way.

There was case after case where we would have people come in after Dealerships worked on their cars, the customer would show us bills for things like brake hardware, or new belts, then we would show them on the rack they were never replaced.

The best one was a Ram that had just been in for a 600-700 dollar intake gasket at the Z-ville Dodge dealership. The truck still leaked. We showed him that the dust on the intake bolts hadn't even been disturbed, and there were ZERO wrench marks on any of the bolts.

It all depends on the employees and the company.You find crooks everywhere so you really have to find a place you trust.One thing to do is to ask the Shop to give you your old parts back then they know you aren't the average smuck.You don't have to take the parts just look at them and throw them away at the shop if you want.I have worked a Dealerships for almost 16 years and have seen people fired for not changing parts but I've seen the "quick lube" scams many,many times.I think it happens more at those places because people are in a hurry to get out of there and think about parts inventory.What are the odds they have the fuel filter in stock for every vehicle that rolls in there every day.I also heard thet the average ticket at those places is around $69.00 because of upselling so the $19.99 goes out the window.If you think about it you can't run a business and be profitable doing $19.99 oil changes all day long.In the Dealerships they say Fixed Ops pay the electric bills so the Salesman can make the Co. money.

Derek (turborust) pointed out that some of my spark plugs had not been replaced (when I paid for all new ones + the install) half way through my camshaft work. I haven't been back to that company since. People are shady these days.

You shit will be done correctly at my shop I can guarentee that.. Andy's M3 left with -3.5* of camber so he could go road racing today, everyone leaves our shop happy.

sr 256 NTB 863-6926

ask for Derek Johnson or Dave Sigman

i have seen this crap before. i personally try to show all that i did and also try to show costomers why that part needed replaced. word of mouth buisness is the best, that is never givin it is earned.

what he said ^ that is why he and I get along so well.We both operate with Future biz in mind not just today

Thanks eric :D

Guest 614Streets

happens all the time seen it first hand many many times. One of the most common scams is the 3.4 dohc or other hard to reach spark plug motors , often easily accesable changed and old unit left in. You can always request old parts to be replaced to be placed in a bag or box so you can take them home. There is a fine line though between the ideal mechanic who goes strictly by the service manual and uses the best parts and charges you big bucks , and another ideal mechanic who goes by the book but can freestyle real world tactics and get the job done at a lesser cost. I changed a customers starter in 15 mins i think we charged 150 plus part , she was quoted $475 from Tuffy.

If you can find the guy who can go by the book for what needs the book and freestyle what needs freestyled(example, sagging headliner fixed instead of replaced) you prolly found the guy for your car. I personally have never been too or met or know but I always liked the way EVANS on morse rd was set up.

I only do mechanic work for cars we sell on the lot before and after the sale :D