Need a little help: DVD movies on a laptop : audio

JaSSon

Hey fellas, I'm trying to watch a DVD on my lappy, and it plays fine except I can't hear any dialog! I can hear all the sound effects, and all the back ground noise, etc, but the vocals are REALLY quiet, even at 100% volume. Specifically I have trouble with movies with multiple voice tracks in different languages. The vocals are their own track. The DVD's play fine on my tv and have regular volume.

I have tried using Media player's integrated equalizer with no success. I have also tried playing the DVD in Intervideo's WinDVD with the same results. Is there a filter I can run in the background that will enhance an audio track's volume? I don't need to be blasted with the sounds of trains and planes just to be able to finally hear people talking.

I have had this problem with multiple DVD's on this laptop, so it's not a problem with the DVD's.

I couldn't find a setting for any 3D audio. But your comment on 5.1 got me thinking. I went into the audio properties (for the lappy, not the DVD) and I changed the speaker configuration from Laptop stereo to 5.1 surround. Presto! Just as it should be!

Yes, this is the black friday HP.