Ipod BS

Sturg1647545502

ive got an 6gig minni ipod that was bought 11mo ago. The battery is going and is still under warenty(by 1month). Since its still under warenty apple will replace it for free, but wants 40$ for s&h to Cali.:jerkit:

anyone know how i can get around this( bsides ordering a new battery and installing it my self) or know of anyone localy who replace ipod batteries? Obviously i would prefer not have to pay anything since its under a year old ... but if ive got to , i would much rather give it to a local guy than Apple as long as the job is done right.

Brian

I'll double check on that, but it sounds like bullshit. Who did you talk to? If you take it in to the Apple store, I'm pretty sure they'll replace iPod batteries for free under warranty. I may be wrong, but I thought I read that. I'll double check.

thanks. i called the apple help line that came in my manual. I asked her if i can take in the store, and was told that the tech will tell me if i either need a battery replacement or i sould purchase the 55$ extended warenty. i specificaly asked her if they did any inhouse work, and she said no. i am calling the store now.

also, after doing 30min of research, it looks like replacing the bat. isnt hard. i now need to know from anyone who has replaced it themselfs, what brands have worked. ebay is flooded with batteries.

Brian

I think there was a little DIY battery replacement thing I found online a long time ago where you can even put a bigger battery than the existing one inside the mini.. I would google for Ipod hacks or of the like.

er....in my previous post, i mean to say i CAN ship it to apple as many times as I want.

but my screen is broken now and apparently that voids my insurance. someone point me in the direction of a good diy repair.