Mr2

Guest JJDeluxe247

Guest JJDeluxe247

Yep, I actually found too, I got the okay from my dad. The one I like though has 230,000 miles on it. So, I would have to swap the engine soon and I was just trying to get an idea of how much more to save up. ... Do you think its worth it to save up the extra money and get a new one, or buy a remanufactured one, or just rebuild with 230,000 miles on it? And is it possible to put the 3S-GTE in a MK1? What do you guys think about the 1ZZ-FE, 2ZZ-GE, 7A-GE, 4A-GTE, 4A-GE 20V in an AW11? Are any of those possible? What about any other rwd toyota engines (ie...and engine off the AE86 chassis)?

Thanks a million

Guest JJDeluxe247

Yep, I actually found two (one of them is an 87)*. Which is the 3.0? Are you talking about the 7MGE (supra engine), or one of the toyota truck/ suv engines...is this possible? Is the DOHC turbocharged 4A-GZE still the best bet? Does anyone know anything about 3SFE, 5SFE, and the 3VZE(FR) too?

Thanks again,

James

this is the wrong crowd to be asking, ever been to mr2oc.com? personally i am going to be getting a 4agze off ebay and im going to rebuild the motor and twincharge it. but the mr2oc has forums for each type of swap, and if theres a link in there for the twobrutal site, which has a lot of good info on the swaps. but heres my opinion on some things:

7A-GE doesnt exist ;) but that idea (unless you can find one thats been done) requires you to either buy 2 engines or hunt for a lot of parts.

4A-GE 20V cost alot more to make a 20v go fast than to make a 16v go fast.

3S-GTE i like this swap, nothing wrong with this one that i have heard of.

you could even do a northstar V8.

i personaly like to stay in the 16v 4age world. their is more of a fan base, so more performance parts available. plus the 4agze has a strong block you can push alot of power through. but yeah defiantly go to those other forms and get educated on the different engines and their pros and cons

I had a FX16 GTS and loved that little car.The 4AGE revs like a motorcycle and it actually had better 60-0 braking and slalom times that the Supra Turbo in 87.We had a guy in town here in about 91-92 twincharge an 88 MR2 and I was told it flew.

• 2 weeks later...