Mooostang work

Miller

My brother and I have finally began work on his 01 GT, we are ordering parts left and right and are now at a point where we need a hand, exhaust work. We purchased some 1 5/8 bbk long tube headers that we need installed, also, I got him dual 2.5 inch qtec electric dumps that we would like placed right after the headers (we got some sensor tricks up our sleeves). We will also need a galvin run so we may wire up the butterflys.

A local shop my brother spoke with said that they would be doing so much hacking under the car that the exhaust would rattle all the time; I know for a fact there are people in this town with more pride and better craftsmanship then that. Can someone point us into the right direction for a shop?

There is lots planned, we are really excited to start working on it. Thus far we have an throttle body, stage 2 camshaft, and cai, only the cai is on ( i would rather just do this all at once). The dumps and lt headers will be on next week hopefully. And already in the mail on there way is a set of gt40 heads; I'm talking to shaun about having mustang rob do some porting on them. And, money permitting, shaun will be getting a hefty check for some overtime and Holiday pay (July 4th) and will be ordering 100-300 big shot manifold from lmperformance http://www.lmperformance.com/images/parts/small-jpg/nos08100.jpg. And, if he doesn't cheap out anywhere along the way, I would like him to take the car to IPS for finishing touches and tuning.

Guest Removed

gt-40s are for 5.0s not 4.6s...

and with a programmer you dont even need too worry about the rear O2 sensors.(IE you can turn them off with a good programmer)

there are many exhaust shops in town that can do you a very nice job and tuck it too where it will not rattle( ive worked at a few of them) but with what you are tryying too do they may just hit you in the dick on the price!

Guest Removed

plus im thinking IPS dont do tuning but im not sure!!!

theres a place out there selling stage 2 ported heads for the 4.6 motors.. starts with a P, but i cant remember!

hit up brian at dynotune he will take very good care of you. he is hands down the most professional ford tuner i have delt with in the columbus area. dont let people lead you away from brian. as far as the exhaust issue call buckeye auto service ( there in westerville) ask for Goran (tell him Rolla sent you) he will make the exhaust fit and not bang and rattle. 890-2263

fyi i never recomend anyone without seeing there work first hand.

What cams are you using? VT Stage 2 N/A? What CAI are you using?

You ordered a stock PI intake with a Noszle kit installed? I have an idea. Before you burn anymore money, run your ideas past me. And GT40 heads will not fit a modular motor.

yea, patriot seems like the way to go. they have great prices and make good power.

I'm sorry I didn't specify well. The gt40's are going to be on my car but thats another story. I haven't read much on the patriots although I have looked them over a bit, if they are the right direction then this let us know. I'm into the 5.0s, my brother is into his butt (car wise) so if people can help fill in the missing gaps of knowledge I have on the modulars do so, I will appreciate it greatly.

What cams are you using? VT Stage 2 N/A? What CAI are you using?

You ordered a stock PI intake with a Noszle kit installed? I have an idea. Before you burn anymore money, run your ideas past me. And GT40 heads will not fit a modular motor.

We are using a BBK fenderwell cai. For the camshaft we went with a comp cam xe 268, and I'm pretty sure thats sohc. Thanks Drop, I'll take things to pms in the next few weeks.

Guest Removed
sohc still uses 2 cams. u have 2 heads and you have one cam over each head. thats y comp cams are more expensive for sohc. (your buying 2 instead of 1)

true but they come as a pack of one!(with 2 cams in the box) :rolleyes:

Guest powers
I've got a BBK CAI. I hate it.

+1.

WHo ever is putting the cams in have them use a degree wheel and solid lifter to properly locate the cams. There is a good 7-10* that those things can be off. It is nothing like a pushrod motor so if you are unsure have someone who knows what they are doing set your cams up for you.

cam lock down, solid lifter, dial indicator, degree wheel, and pointer are required tools for a mod motor cam install.

Zack,

Sounds like the green GT might be faster than your car in the end, just kidden, I like your GT better. For a muffler shop, I use Stout's up in Delaware. They are priced and fair and do excellent work. Good luck on the mods. Concerning programming, I agree with Rolla, talk to brian at dynotune. He knows mustangs. I am burned out on the car hobby for now, since the accident the the Volvo. Hopefully I get back into it soon, because I have a BB vette to be driving.

Thanks, Rick, I'll look into that shop as well.

Shaun is about to make some substantial hp gains, though, he has alot of catching up to do as of now, he gets walked daily :burn: With all my mods done I'm running on a stock tune, I have a hell of alot more hp to be had once I get the head work and tuning finished up on this thing. :D Get back into the game bud! Get that car where you want it and the three of us can start going to cruises together from here.