first real crash

owndjoo

well it finally happend this weekend at Grattan racetrack in Michigan. With only a 4 lap practice on the track i went out for the 2nd practice and ran a 1.32 setting the fastest lwt novice time. I went out for my solo 20 race and on lap 3 pulled out a 3+second lead before pitching the bike in turn 11b coming onto the front straight. This is a very fast corner where i was running in the top of 4th. front end started to push in the bumps and left a black mark over 70ft long from me trying to save it until it finally tucked. luckily the bike and i both just skidded and i'm fine. bike had some bent/grinded parts that we fixed and i raced on sunday, where i did pretty well. anyway, after sliding across the pavement at 100+ i've realized that i will never again ride on the street without my leathers. my ass got pretty hot and i can only imagine how it would've felt in jeans.

yea i'm good to go. i kicked some ass on sunday eventhough i was a lil flustered from the spill. i mite actually be working as an AMA tech inspector for both superbike races this year! that is if everything falls into place. otherwise i'll be there spectating/hangin with the AMA guys. You should go up there for the AMA RRGC in september. I'll be racing in 3 classes battling for a National Championship. You get to see A LOT more racing and we'll be cooking out for sponsors/friends, so free food too.

yea i'm good to go. i kicked some ass on sunday eventhough i was a lil flustered from the spill. i mite actually be working as an AMA tech inspector for both superbike races this year! that is if everything falls into place. otherwise i'll be there spectating/hangin with the AMA guys. You should go up there for the AMA RRGC in september. I'll be racing in 3 classes battling for a National Championship. You get to see A LOT more racing and we'll be cooking out for sponsors/friends, so free food too.

I'd definitely be up for going to that. Glad to hear your ass is okay.

I had planned on the Superbike shootout, as well. Wasn't aware of the AMA RRGC. I might go to that, too.

How does one become a tech inspector and/or corner worker? That would be cool to do.

well a very good friend of mine who races the AMA Supermoto series rides supermoto with one of the head Supebike tech inspectors. so he's worked as a tech guy for a few of this year's races, and will be working both mid-ohio events. we've been talkin about me workin the mid-o events as well. just depends on if they need me. the AMA RRGC is the national championship race for all the amateur organizations. I believe it's 2 or 3 days of racing plus qualifying/practice days. Shouldn't be as much as the superbike races.

well i'm glad you'll be there! roadracing on bikes is just tits for me. i especially enjoy watching if i'm not riding. once you start racing then you realize what all these guys are actually doing to go as fast as they do.