IPS = FTW again

MrMeanGreen

While pulling my heads off, I somehow lost two of my ARP stud washers and didn't realize this until today. I have plans with several other CR members to re-assemble the car this evening since it's on a time crunch.

I went to Jegs in hopes of finding these particular washers. Special order via ARP only. 7/16" chamfered ID, 7/8" OD, black-oxide chromoly. Not something Sears Hardware or Home Depot would have.

I happened to see the JP thread and think, maybe IPS has something? (No, not really, but I figured asking them anyways, thread not withstanding). It happens that IPS did have the stud kit in stock (rarity in itself, most places do not stock this and have it drop-shipped directly from ARP). What they did is called top-notch customer service and why I do go back to them.

Greg called ARP and priced two washers independently. He then pulled two from a stud kit, sold me those, and ordered their replacements to add back into the kit so that I could have my washers tonight when I needed them the most, and not have to dick with shipping or waiting to complete the car over something so superficial.

Yeah, one reason I keep going back (even after our dramatic past, which was years and many events ago, so don't bother).

Thanks to Greg and Jeff for bailing my ass outta this one :thumbup: