SEPT 27/28 at putnam

gixxie750

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's more due to the insurance than the neighbors...

Who knows.

I was told that the folks in the area petitioned so everyone had to be off by 6 to make sure they track didn't have any big rallys or something.

Jerm I should know in a coupe weeks if I am going. If so you can hitch a ride.

..............ok ill do it! BOTH days if i can get a ride with someone, and were home no later than ten. I'll just hide in a corner at work on monday and sleep

I got you man. Just help out with gas. If anyone else needs a ride and a haul i have an Escalade that will hold me, plus 3 (4 if we cram), and all our gear.

Just let me know if you need a ride.

Rock in Roll Brother. We'll do this together. I'm a rookie. I'm wanting my wife to go so she can film this. She won't go though. There's a few things I need to do to my bike. Do you have frame sliders on your bike yet? We need to get our bikes ready for the track.

Rock in Roll Brother. We'll do this together. I'm a rookie. I'm wanting my wife to go so she can film this. She won't go though. There's a few things I need to do to my bike. Do you have frame sliders on your bike yet? We need to get our bikes ready for the track.

I'm a rookie too, first time. I've been debating whether or not I want to put any frame sliders on. I really don't want to cut holes in my plastics.

Shit I had to laugh. Shit cuz you can ride I don't see that happening. I need to find out what to change my sprocket to Hoe many teeth?? And a new chain. One of the mods I'm gonna do my bike is way too slow in lower gears. Hopefully someone will read this and help out. I also have to get new tires my back is starting to split in the middle.

I need to find out what to change my sprocket to Hoe many teeth??

If you change the size of your sprocket you get more torque and loose top-end. You also have to adjust you spedo. IMO, unless you are going to stunt I would leave your sprocket the same size just go with an aftermarket one like Vortex. I've never had any problems out of them. Moose Racing has some good chains. I don't know about the "Kawasuckies":lol:(JK), but I used a 520 chain on me GSXR750 and loved it.

2 insane you should do -1 and +2 in the rear. That is the most common gearing and it gives your bike the extra punch off the line. If you do that make sure you buy metal sprockets because the aluminum ones wear out real fast on the street.

If it is your first time changing sprockets i would stick with -1 +1 on a 1000cc.

It makes a big difference and you don't want to catch yourself out too much. And if you are streeting it going up equivalent of +4 in the rear will increase your RPM at Highways speed for a more buzzy ride.

I have -1 +1 on my race 1000 and so far feels good, though some tracks I know +2 rear is doable.