Lt1

bahd-ler

I have a 95 Trans Am, and I have recently added headers, it is now running funny. It spits and spatters, and has no smooth thottle response at all. When the car is warm it idles at 500 rpm sometimes, but when cold, in nuetral and at full thottle it seems to run ok. I also have a MAF on it as well. It is running very rich I believe, and I am not for sure if it might be an O2 sensor, or possible its b/c I dont have my rgv valve connected, but the rgv is sealed off. I took it to advanced to see what codes I was throwing, but they dont do obd1 cars. If i had a engine dionostic test done it would set me back about 70 bucks. Just want =ing to see if anyone could give me some insight.

if you're willing to drive to blacklick, I can hook your car up to my laptop and we can figure out what is wrong.... honestly, I really think it's an O2 sensor, but like I said, bring it to my place in blacklick and we'll figure it out.

1995 was a bastard year. MOST cars had the OBDI PCM with the 16pin OBDII ALDL interface.

However, 1995 also saw New Jersey and California cars not only utilize the OBDII ALDL port, but also utilize the OBDII PCM for stricter emissions laws in those two states, with the other 48 following suit for 1996.