Not so Newb

ReconRat

Hi, I thought I'd quit lurking and join up. I work with BS aka Satan. I've been riding off and on for over 41 years, and still love it. I ride all year round except in the salt, I hate road salt. It gets in everything. I ride a flat black 2002 Honda 919. Some might remember seeing it on the Hocking Hills ride. I cut that one short and went with Bill to the Logan "hospital". I went back this last Saturday and rode it all solo at a bit higher speed...*cough*. Took 70 to 13 to 256 to 664 to South Bloomingville, and 56 to 278 to 78, but then decided to go North on the 555. Good God, that's a paved wagon road from yester-years. I liked it.

I started out on a CB160, and crashed it on purpose repeatedly. Guess I got it out of my system, I haven't crashed since. I had several CL350, guess I liked them. I still have an old 1976 Honda CB550F, just can't part with it.

ex-Honda mechanic,

ex-Army special forces payroll clerk,

ex-Aerospace design engineer,

and now I work with computers,

sometimes I wish I was a bike mechanic again...

I'll ride with anyone,

Laterz

HA!... I was drafted when the CB350F came out. But get a breaker-less ignition like the Dynatek, with some hot coils. It's a huge difference. Be aware that some after market coils don't mount up on the original bolt holes, a pain-in-the-butt.

As you probably know by now, the CB350F had certain unique camshaft and valve train characteristics (design limitations). One valve in the 350 twins was funky also. The rocker shaft hole was bored a little off center, on like all of them.

Anyone selling a CB350 or CL350? A gal at work was talking about getting one.