Handbrake Setup

12oclocker

I'm bored again so here are some pics of my new handbrake setup...

I also wired up my CRF250X so it's totally street legal, signals, headlight w/ hi-low, horn (required), and keystart switch. (pics were taken with my phone)

08-04-08_2246.jpg

08-04-08_2248.jpg

08-04-08_2310.jpg

08-04-08_2247.jpg

If you got $405 they do make a kit from FullThrottleInc, or you can fab one yourself for half the price. you got to find a sportbike rear master cylinder that will bolt up, as you can see from mine I still had to make a custom bracket because the rear master cylinder sets back a little farther than stock (its from a 929), then I took the front master cylinder brake lever from a gixxer600, and put it on the left side, I ordered a 56" steal braid brake line from Full Throttle Inc, and I ordered a Handbrake Junction Adapter that goes in the rear master cylinder. Bleeding the system takes a lot of time, and is pretty difficult to get all the air bubbles out. And your stock clutch is probably too wide for the additinal handbrake mount, so pick up a MSR Pro Raptor clutch, they reduce pull effort by over 300%, and make the clutch like butter, great for 1 finger on the clutch, one on the handbrake.

np. also rekcluse.com makes handbrake setups for dirtbikes, they are around $300. I ordered a master cylinder cap-tap from reckluse ($100) my handbrake setup will be changing over to that when I get it, it will allow me to use my stock 3/8 rear master cylinder, which give me MUCH better braking than the 5/8 rear sportbike master cylinder. I'm still gonna run a sportbike handbrake, and see how it works out. I dont need much brake on the bar, but I need good brake on the foot, so it should be a better setup.