Oxidation problem, solutions?

I purchased a 1989 Lincoln Towncar from 9tFoSHO (Eric) and it came with some pretty damn bad oxidized paint. Now being a n00b with all this whole detailing process I have no idea how to get rid of oxidized paint I tried buffing it out earlier today and it didn't really seem to do much at all, if anything. It's not horrible but it is definitely an eye sore at least for me.

I've noticed alot of posts of some damn good detailed cars on here in recent days. I was just wondering what the best way for removing oxidized paint is, if I can I'll try and get some pictures up on here. It's mainly on the hood and roof. Nowhere else.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Whey you say you buffed it out was this via machine polisher or by hand...and what product were you using for the process.

Generally cutting polishes that are designed to slightly level the clear and remove swirl marks are going to gum up pretty badly and quickly when dealing with oxidation.

Your best bet is to go back over the car with a machine and a product that's a chemical cleaner. Meguiars ColorX is what I'd recommend first...or Meguiars Deep Crystal step 1 is also a paint cleaner. You could also check with NAPA and see if they can get you #9 from the Meguiars professional line. It does have some abrasives in it as well as cleaners and *could* gum up some.

If you're willing to get products online Klasse AIO (all in one polish) is probably the best performing product I've used on oxidation.

If you've got any questions my phone is alwyas on for help. 614-747-0002

Andy