Anyone use Mega Squirt

Oo0martelle0oO

There are alot of people on this board that have experience with it. Clark, Mike (Strictly Datsun), Joel (mudbut), Andrew (lustalbert), others and myself have all used and tuned it. Any questions or problems just fire away, I'm sure someone on here knows it (or the megasquirt forums)

Good luck.

Tuning for them isnt hard at all. See if you can load a base map for whatever you are building. Then from there critique it with a laptop to your setup (weather it is a bigger turbo, injectors, etc...). What version you running?

Either way its not hard to tune.

I believe I'll be using V3.0.. I heard it isnt hard to tune, I just wanna make sure I'm doing it right.

There are alot of people on this board that have experience with it. Clark, Mike (Strictly Datsun), Joel (mudbut), Andrew (lustalbert), others and myself have all used and tuned it. Any questions or problems just fire away, I'm sure someone on here knows it (or the megasquirt forums)

Good luck.

Thats Nate I'm sure I'll have all kinds of questions. I'am not sure what turbo and injectors i'll be using.

The Megasquirt manual, http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/mtabcon.htm, offers some insight on injectors and has some calculators.

Easiest way to match up a turbo would be to study an engine with similar characteristics and displacement as your engine. If you're doing a 1.8L 8V, you may look into turbos from a:

2.3T thunder-bird/mustang SVO

1984-1989 300ZXT

Eclipse GST,GSX/Talon TSI

EVO Lancer

20V 1.8T Jetta MKV

Or if window shopping for aftermarket turbos, T3 50 trim, possibly a T3 Super 60 trim.

Looks like I missed this. I'm heading over to finish wiring mine up tonight. 3.0 board running MsnS with the relay board. Should be fun. There are lots of guys running this w/ the 420a platform so i'm sure i'll have lots of help. Glad to see lots of local guys running this as well.

• 1 year later...

So far I have all my pigtails and sensors. I have to buy a canister coil from MSD.

Here is the wiring diagram. As far as I know I have everything I need. Its not really the install I need help with its the eliminating all the wiring I don't need in the engine bay. All I want under the hood is the lighting wires and anything else necessary Alt, speed sensor, etc. Tuning is what I really need help with. I don't know the first thing about fueling and spark

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1912/duffsmsnsediagram3oh.jpg