LS7 Is In!!...

1TrueSS

http://gozips.uakron.edu/~mas4/disc.jpg

Here it a cross section of a disc, which side is the flywheel side (right/left) on how you installed it.

email sent!

Left side would be the engine/flywheel and the right would be trany/pressureplate.

It would not go the other way because the four big spings would hit and rub on the six flywheel bolts.

Left side would be the engine/flywheel and the right would be trany/pressureplate.

It would not go the other way because the four big spings would hit and rub on the six flywheel bolts.

Right, just making sure. More pics will help.

Now that I think of it my LS6 clutch did the same thing. I did not miss anything did I?

Flywheel then clutch, pressure plate, right? No washers, bearings, spacers?

Yup, although technically it is flywheel-clutch disc-clutch. How big is the file?

I think 9mbs. I need to get to bed so I will be back on here Tuesday evening!

Ok, hopefully I can help. It looks like you did everything ok.

Phil if you see this, doesn't the diaphram spring look loaded when it should be in a free state or look forward adjusted even when it isn't?

Ok, hopefully I can help. It looks like you did everything ok.

Phil if you see this, doesn't the diaphram spring look loaded when it should be in a free state or look forward adjusted even when it isn't?

The diaphram spring does look rather low and fairly close to the compensation spring in the pic that was posted. The paint marks on the clutch show that it's not forward adjusted, but it's as-shipped. There probably isn't anything "wrong" but you have to remember that he's using a clutch-disc-flywheel package that was not designed together. (You are using an LS7 flywheel and clutch (pressure plate) with an LS2 disc, right?) The thickness of the LS2 disc may be different then the LS7, which would cause the diaphram spring to appear low. (low finger height)

I have no way of looking that up since I don't work there anymore.

Any other questions for me should be in by morning. Tomorrow I leave for LA (X-games) and there's no guarantee I'll have internet access again until Mon.