A/C ?s.

Stampede

I recharged my A/C, after being fix from a wreck. I used one of those gauges that comes with the can. I filled it, at idle to the highest pressure in the green, but at 1800 rpms, the gauge will drop to the lowest pressure in the green. But my problem is at a stop light it quits blowing cold, and on really hot days, like we been having, it doesn't seem to be cold enough. Do I need to add more, or is my problem from not having the system vacuumed?

Thanks.

you probally have air in the system, air is not condensable, meaning is does not work as a refrigerant. the autozone cans are "ok" if you have at least some refrigerant left in the vehicle. Modern a/c systems are charged by weight, not by looking at a gage, I'd recomend that you have the system professionally evacuated, and charged. another thing to look at is to make sure that the fan is running when you turn on the a/c, the condensor needs air flow at all times for the a/c to work properly. Also, you really don't wnat any moisture (water) of any kind mixing with the refrigerant, if it does it makes hydroflouric acid, and that WILL destroy the a/c system from the inside out. Hope this has helped.