starter problems?

alibies

I tried to start my car in a taco bell parking lot but it just kept turning over. The sound the car makes right before it starts, its running but not started. (not just clicking it's firing too) It does that so I tried to turn it off and it just kept going... I took the key out and it just kept on going... after a minute I was able to turn it off and then get it running and drive home. There were no problems or anything. When I got home I turned it off and tried starting it again... it started the same starting thing again, key out of it and all. It wouldn't turn off! so my gf ran and got a camera because it started to smoke... it smelled BAD like the smell of clutch X100. I finaly got it to turn off after a few minutes.

Here is a vid where the smoke was coming from

It started throwing sparks and freaky stuff so i undid the battery (so no engine codes)

1996 ford contour

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v631/softlyspokenloudlyunderstood/?action=view&current=994b32ea.flv

I pulled the car apart a while ago and the starter looked fine. I figured it it was smoking that there would be evidence... Anyone have any ideas of what it could be?

If it was your starter it probably would only click and not start to turn. Is it a manual transmission? You can try to push start it and see if it starts smoother. It almost sounds like it's running a little lean at start-up.