Dumb Ass Question 1.7 or 1.6 rollers on intake

bb454

I'm new ford man but I'm a true chevy guy I bought a 89 mustang coupe and has 351w in it, the guy I bought it from had all kinds of crap messed up. I was adjusting solid lift and he has 1.7 on exhaust and 1.6 on itake what the hell..

Big Daddy Sean

Normally, most guys running split-ratio rockers put the higher ratio on the intake side (mostly old-school Chevy guys). Nowadays with modern, efficient cam grinds available and aftermarket heads with a good intake/exhaust flow balance, there is little need for such a thing. My guess would be that the guy did that on purpose b/c the factory ford heads are notorious for having very weak exhaust flow and thought that would be a good way to bring some balance back. So, it's not what is normally done, but I could see someones possible reasoning for doing it.

how much power is the motor making? most higher end motors need that to keep the exh up. i run 1.52 and 1.6 which is .654 intake and .688 exh. which helps when reving it past 8000. also i am spraying and wanted the extra exh lift and durr.

than i would say the rockers were an attempt to make the cam larger. you could borrow a set of 1.5s and head to they dyno to see if the change was needed. i dont really need the 1.6s untill im trying to shift at 8400. which is on the bottle. i should have some dyno time soon and im going to swap between 1.5s and 1.5 int with 1.6 exh. and see what that gets me. ill let you know. 1.7 is prety high though