Any hydraulic clutch gurus in the house?..bleeding problem..I think..

Broken_Wankel

'00 LS1/t-56 with '01+ slave cylinder and wilwood master

Okay, I can't get the clutch to engage. The clutch pedal only goes down a few inches, then stops due to pressure buildup. I am almost 100% certain that the master cylinder is free from any air, and I believe it's a slave cylinder problem.

I've tried bleeding the slave by opening the bleed screw, with the clutch pedal down as far as it will go. Once I get fluid coming out of the bleed screw, I close it, and have the clutch pedal released. Alas, the pedal will still only go a few inches than stops from pressure buildup.

As for the master, I've bleed that using a mity-vac. I also popped the hydraulic line off the slave and put a screw driver to the hose end and had fluid freely flowing out. So, I once again, I believe it to be a slave problem, and I think it's due to improper bleeding technic.

I've done a clutch swap with the same drive line in my previous car (which is when I put the '01 slave in), and I never had this problem...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...this is the only damn thing keeping my car off the road :mad:

Guest Removed

Make sure that the clutch fork will move with moderate pressure(pry bar method)..

Try un-bolting the slave and holding it by hand, and see if the pressure still builds up.

If not, the issue is in the clutch. If so the slave is a issue!

No clutch fork with the ls1/t-56, and the slave is in the bellhousing of the tranny. Only way to get to is by taking the transmission off.

I know the clutch is good though. It working perfectly fine before I pulled the engine and tranny out of the my Camaro. I think I just improperly bleed the slave...or gave up to soon.

I'll try the same method tomarrow that I used today, but just a little more. Hopefully it'll work...

Guest Removed

if not its bond up ,totally forgot they went with the ford style internal slave BS.

Ill check and see if theres a certain bleeding ordeal you have too go thru at work.