99 civic jdm b20b engine swap power issues

87GT

I just bought this car recently so I didn't do the swap. And my symptoms could be a whole hand full of things =/

After 30+ mins of driving on 270 65mph cruse control on the front of the car jumps forward a bit. The speed and tach meter jump down a bit with the car moving foward. This continues when i get off 270. In all gears I have barely any HP into about 4-5K on tach. Sometimes it gets worse then this and in every gear the car shakes like if you were learning how to drive a stick for the first time. If you get the RPM's up though its fine. But problems when shifting into another gear.

I thought it was dirty fuel Injectors so i cleaned them. That still did not fix it. My only other thoughts are bad O2 sensor or bad fuel filter or clogged cat converter or bad wiring. Spark plugs and air filter are new. Oil has 600+ miles on it and is full. I don't think the fuel filter is new though

There is really no patter of when this happens. It happens sometimes after I drive for 2 minutes. One day I was able to drive for 50 minutes on 270 and iut had no problem. It feels like the engine is not getting enough fuel in low rpms. It throws a Code 43 on the PC. But the OBD 1 wiring job is weird from the previous owner. Can't get a reading on the ECU. Maybe the ECU needs replaced.

Any ideas?

Bad connections along your ECU. Check your wires leading to the ECU. If all is good, you might look into getting your ECU reprogrammed.

p.s. If the wiring job on the swap looks like crap, then your ECU is probably

fried. This would make sense for the reason it acts up once you drive for sometime, your ECU is overheating.

When I had my civic, I had some wireing issues with my swap, it would sputter and die for no reason and wouldn't start back up for an hour or two. Once I had a professional redo the wiring it ran fine.

Bad connections along your ECU. Check your wires leading to the ECU. If all is good, you might look into getting your ECU reprogrammed.

p.s. If the wiring job on the swap looks like crap, then your ECU is probably

fried. This would make sense for the reason it acts up once you drive for sometime, your ECU is overheating.

When I had my civic, I had some wireing issues with my swap, it would sputter and die for no reason and wouldn't start back up for an hour or two. Once I had a professional redo the wiring it ran fine.

That sounds about right. I am having slowmotion look at it in like 4 weeks though. They are booked up =(

Well, I'm sure they will be cheaper than a Lamborghini shop^^. It costed me $1300. But it was done right. Ahh...those were the days...the RICE days^^

Goodluck with your car, I hope things turn out for the best.

Thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...

Still have appoitment with SlowMo but was looking around to see if anyone has an already chipped ECU that I could borrow and see if it fixes my problem. If it does I will buy it! There is a p06 in it right now.

FYI I installed new fuel pump and it fixed idle problem when turning car on after it sits over night. But still have problems later on after driving =/

• 2 weeks later...