I've decided to spray

V8 Beast

After racing a firebird on the freeway tonight I have decided to go with spray. I won, but I want to win by more. I also realized that I'm hitting my rev limiter going into 3rd gear around 80mph ( I'll get that tuned). I'm not going to act like I know anything about nitrous because I dont. I'm more of the turbo/procharger type. I'm going to start doing my homework so I dont kill myself, or my car. I am definitely going to need some help from some of you on here using nitrous. I want to know what set up is the best(NX, NOS, etc). I'm leaning towards a 75 shot to start. I would also like to hear war stories of incorrect spray use, and what happened. I've already put a lot into this beast, and I think its time to take it under the 10 second mark.

By the way, if the other guy is on here I got off at west broad because my wife was following us in the stratus. She was getting extremely pissed! She told me she was at 130mph at one point and we were still pulling away from her.... So to make a long story short, I'm not getting any tonight :( . But the race was fun, nice runs.

NX for the mutha fuckin win.. out of the box there low end kits even have better solenoids. flow a better rate the NOS.

dude dont be afraid to put the big jets in.

i ran 175 nx wet kit on my stock 88 lx 5.0 and it took it like a champ.

numerous fbody guys have been sprayin there cars for quite some time.

and easy 150hp shot for your car id say.

sam and linn chime in..

but for safe measures

get a get a window switch

get a fuel pressure safety switch

get 2 step colder plugs (they say to use copper plugs too)

you dont want to spray the car under 3000 rpm

i never used any of those tools.. i had a button on the shifter... and did spray under 3k.. on the dyno (made for more torque)

from what it sounds like if you spray the car you wont be getting any for quite some time.....

It will be next spring. Its too close to fall/winter now. By then I will have the feel for the car and have everything set the way I want it. Who knows, I could still end up with a turbo by then. I'm just gaining as much knowledge as I can. Some say turbos, some say prochargers/superchargers, others think nitrous. What I love about spraying is you have control over it, turbos do not have an on switch... but on the down side you can empty a nitrous bottle, I have never seen anyone run out of air.

turbo is absolutely the best way to go.

i fyou stay out of boost you dont use it..

also wiht a turbo your using unsued exhaus tgas to spin the compressor whereas a supercharger you are robbing some of the power you r motor makes to spin the blower.

you can always ad a bottle even if you have a turbo

turbo is absolutely the best way to go.

i fyou stay out of boost you dont use it..

also wiht a turbo your using unsued exhaus tgas to spin the compressor whereas a supercharger you are robbing some of the power you r motor makes to spin the blower.

you can always ad a bottle even if you have a turbo

Very true. That would be nice to have the turbos and nitrous. Hopefully my bonus will be as big enough for me to budget it all in. If not I'm going with nitrous first for cost reasons.

WOT switch/window switch, NO BUTTONS ON THE WHEEL!

Fuel Pressure Switch.

I would be scared of the buttons, I want to have to reach for it. Could you imagine... you're in traffic, you are at wot because you were trying to pass someone and they cut you off. Now you are pissed!. And naturally you pound the steering wheel. But wait, you are not pounding the steering wheel, you are pounding your nitrous button. I read a story like that once. I'm not that much of a newb (I hope lol), but stuff happens ya know.

Very true. That would be nice to have the turbos and nitrous. Hopefully my bonus will be as big enough for me to budget it all in. If not I'm going with nitrous first for cost reasons.

If you are looking for the best pricing on NX complete kits or accessory packages shoot me a PM or give me a call at the shop: 614-444-5884.

We have done quite a few NX F-bodys that dont run too bad around here :)

Jeff

I ran 175 on a v-6 dakota a while back... it ran pretty good tranny didn't like it though

NX wet kit wot switch with a button blew the intake off of it once

antwan might remember that night he was in the truck when the fireball came out of the cowl and blew over the top of the truck. Bang for the buck nitrous is your best bet it can be installed with basic tools on most cars in an hour or so

I ran 175 on a v-6 dakota a while back... it ran pretty good tranny didn't like it though

NX wet kit wot switch with a button blew the intake off of it once

antwan might remember that night he was in the truck when the fireball came out of the cowl and blew over the top of the truck. Bang for the buck nitrous is your best bet it can be installed with basic tools on most cars in an hour or so

i was in fowlers car behind you when that happened.. flame went over the windshield.. and a big flame was underneath the truck as well lol..

i was like OH FUCK... i thought you popped it. couldnt believe that truck took a 175

I'm definitely going with NX so I'll give you a call.

Thanks for the web link that has some pretty good info there.

I'm scared about blowing up the engine, but I was thinking and my setup can hold a 250 shot. So if I go 150 I'll be cool.

150 is entry level on a v-8 anything

I'd run 150 on that car out of the hole and another 100 or 150 stepped in at 4 grand or so. keeping enough fuel in the motor is the key then you can do whatever you want.

Ha. I am using 150 on my cavy.. And screw the switch. TPS wired FTW..