stereo problem

Chad is Dead

I have a 00 pontiac grand am. Recently it only gets certain radio stations. I always have wnci and the blitz but other then that I'm lucky if I get any other stations. And my cd player has started to make a loud sudden scratch noise and then stop playin the cd. Other times I put a cd in and it just says error and spits it back out. It all used to work fine. Any clue what could be wrong before I go have to buy a new stereo? Thanks!

Radio Reception : antena conection probably came loose.

CD error: lens probably needs cleaned. Meijer sells cleaning dics. Or go all out, have someone open the case up and do alcohol and a q-tip on the lens.

BTW, is this a factory theft lock radio, or is this an aftermarket?

You will need the theft lock code if you remove it.

you can also try a car on compressed air. Stick it in the CD slot and spray away. You can get them at any computer store, or sometimes in meijer/kroger in the electronics section. Make sure not to turn it upsidedown while you're spraying it. :)

i tried the cleaning cd and it seemed to work for about 5 min then fucked up again....and the whole compressed air thing.....can I use the compressed air thing I have for my computer?

That's what I'm talknig about. A can of air.