AEM plug and play ecu for 5.0 mustang

Dave1647545494

saw this in the new section of one of the random speed shop catalouges I get in the mail...

is their software for other cars pretty easy to use?

the computer/ software tuning kit is only a little more than a having a good custom chip done and it seems to support more options and its adjustable whenever no chips to burn or get lost in the mail....

the other options are cool little trinckets and lights btu thats all they are you can support over 800 hp with just a chip and as long as you have a dyno and a tuner/chip burner (dynotune) thats all you need but if your looking for somehting you ca try to do your self i hear aem iskinda indepth and sometimes complicated (but ive never touched it)

I have an AEM system on my EVO and I have looked into getting one for the Mustang. The system is not cheap by any means. Plus if you haven't tuned a car before you will need to hire a tuner. I like the system because if I make small modifications to my car I am able to slightly adjust the tune. If you do get one make sure to buy it with the integrated wide band. That way when you are tuning you can see everything that is going on.

One more thing: you can get rid of your mass air sensor and just run speed density.

Shad

If you are staying NA it's most likely not worth it compared to the other options out there. However if you are going forced induction of some sort then it's definitely worth its weight in gold. I'm an AEM certified tuner, and I wouldn't do any serious mods to any personal car of mine without it. Here is a pic of the custom setup in my 911 using an AEM race box:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/2415000-2415999/2415299_26_full.jpg

It has a fairly steep learning curve, but there is lots of user info out there on the AEM forums if you take the time to read and learn it yourself. The information available through AEM’s imbedded datalogging is also invaluable for troubleshooting various running conditions.

Once you have a good base tune with everything in the software setup correctly, small changes and fine tuning are relatively easy. For a new user I would definitely recommend having an experienced tuner do the base tune, you will save lots of hours and headaches this way. You can call Jeff down at the shop if you want some pricing options for the parts and/or tuning time. I have 4 other AEM cars to tune this week though, so I hope you aren't in a hurry. ;)