Turbo Kit Question?

Shields1181

IMO

considering you still need too fab a bunch of stuff, and fuel system, etc tec ..

it is cheap for a decent turbo, and all the pluming....are you ready, is the question at hand?

it will take at least another 1000 or more too make it run with out hurting stuff(aka some sort of enigne managment system, injectors, pump, fabing a down pipe ,etc)

Turbo Kit Link

I came across this turbo kit and I wanted to get some opinions on it. Something seems a little out of place with the price being so low but I'm new to the whole turbo scene.

What do you think? GO or NO?

The manifold looks decent from what is pictured. A GT45 seems to be an offbeat turbo just a hair bigger than a GT42. The powerband of a GT45 on 2.0L engine would be small and peaky, my 2 cents, way to big for a street driven car. More suited for a high reving drag car.

steve your car has waaaaaaay to many miles on it to be throwing a turbo on it.. .and if you do put a turbo on anyway.. go smaller than that.. and youl ldefinately have to run low boost... that motor wont be holdin up wiht boost wiht that many miles on it.

do some research on that company, see if they are in bed with SSautochrome

if they are then forget about it, it looks just like their "low dollar complete kits", but end up being a giant peice of shit

SSautochrome makes a kit for the rangers, while the piping is good enough, the headers are weak and crack, and the turbo shits the bearings about 2 weeks after first seeing use,... and to me this looks like the same type of setup...

Thanks for the info! They had a T3/T4 set-up as well for even less $. I guess if I was to go with anything it would be that. I also start to question if its even worth the effort. I mean, I've seen some 240's that have been considerably quick. But not before throwing a shit load of money/time into them with engine swaps and such. I think its time for another Mustang! :cool: