Who's the fastest????????

V8 Beast

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive also been to almost every street race and to ips twice in it

Just answer this: do you race it on the street? If you don't, then eject yourself from this thread and then your truck as you drive - oh so streetably - around 270.

Seriously, again, the guy who started this thread wants to know about street cars that race on the street. Not that hard of a concept to grasp for most people that have all 23 sets of chromosomes.

Then you haven't been here long enough to know this is what we do. :)

THE BENCH RACING E-DRAMA LLAMA WILL KILL YOU!

You take that atitude and shove it up your muffler....

Seriously, I thought this thread was about people who race their cars on the street not just track cars.

You take that atitude and shove it up your muffler....

Seriously, I thought this thread was about people who race their cars on the street not just track cars.

You were very obviously confused. The thread starter meant track cars that don't street race, but do sometimes drive on the street when he said street cars. And he must've found a sweet track where people roll race too, as shown by him asking for the 5 fastest roll cars. Reading between the lines > you

I think i would be on both lists. As for streetable i drove this setup to bowling green 400 miles each way. Raced at LS1tech northVsouth and drove it home last summer. As far as a dig I can cut 1.4 60' and from the roll considering my trap speeds and what i saw posted after norwalk I believe i'm more than "competitive". I can and do street race. My car is again running it's also on the trailer ill check it over good at dragway 42 tonight. If the poster is interested in making his nitrous f-body fast he might be better served with pm's. if everything works out i will be in columbus middle of the month and we can see if my car rolls

You were very obviously confused. The thread starter meant track cars that don't street race, but do sometimes drive on the street when he said street cars. And he must've found a sweet track where people roll race too, as shown by him asking for the 5 fastest roll cars. Reading between the lines > you

Oh noes, reading comprehension has ganked you too. By "roll" cars, he meant "cars that are capable of rolling," not roll racing. So, essentially, he wanted all the people that have track cars that are capable of rolling on a street to chime in and bench race their track cars that roll on streets.

Damn, thanks Doc. I have to say I havnt discussed it with him personally but he is right in every way shape and form. If you race your car on the street i.e. you do occasional 40 rolls on the freeway, then I want to hear about you. Linn, Tinman, IPS Evo, etc hold the crowns from what I have heard and seen from a roll. And HB has a badass setup so his name will be in the mix very soon. The track discussion though is completely different. I know everyone may not run on 270, but occasionally we all go to the track.

And I knew this would probably end up in a thread war, i was just hoping it wouldnt. If you guys keep it up I'm queueing the kittens!!!!! :D

the one thing i dont get is why dont you do 60+ rolls.........that shows true power....a 40 roll is almost like a dig..my .02 thats a win everytime for rwd car...a fwd car will get no traction ... plus who drives 40 down a highway? i mean the speed limit is 55-65 so go from there! its all good i guess ..........i would do a 40 roll as long as it was agreed upon to do a 60+ roll :)

and christ im not starting any shit......its just a ????? and my own opinion ;)

i know there are some who dont like to do higher speed rolls and there are some who do! also on the dig thing are you excepting track times with drs/slicks and the car is driven daily right?

there now im done being stupid! :rolleyes:

the one thing i dont get is why dont you do 60+ rolls.........that shows true power....a 40 roll is almost like a dig..my .02 thats a win everytime for rwd car...a fwd car will get no traction ... plus who drives 40 down a highway? i mean the speed limit is 55-65 so go from there! its all good i guess ..........i would do a 40 roll as long as it was agreed upon to do a 60+ roll :)

and christ im not starting any shit......its just a ????? and my own opinion ;)

i know there are some who dont like to do higher speed rolls and there are some who do! also on the dig thing are you excepting track times with drs/slicks and the car is driven daily right?

there now im done being stupid! :rolleyes:

Me-You 60 roll for 500$??????

40-55 is usualy the best range for any 2nd/3rd gear take off.... like on my S40, 40 is right at about 3800 in 2nd... perfect for throttle response... even for a turbo car. however, on my Z24, 40 was at almost 5,000rpm in 2nd... it had short gears so a 55mph roll was nice in 3rd gear, around 3500rpm. Most cars fall in that braket. Hondas do the 20mph thing because thats the upperend of 1st gear... veetax pWn3s j00!@11!!!