Forged block??

V8 Beast

What about twin 57s almost like the cobra setup? You could mount lower under the car and with the larger displacement, spool shouldn't be too much of a problem. You could use a small shot to spool if you wanted. Maybe run the TT plus a 2 stage, 1st stage 50 shot, 2nd with 100 shot?

I'm going to have to look into that. With what I plan on getting I would need the turbos to produce around 200-250rwhp. 650-700rwhp and 550-600rwtq is enough for me (I hope)

The emphasis should be place more on length of stroke rather than overall displacement. The stroke will cause more breaking than anything else.

-- Oh and quench... you cant be running thedish on the deck because at 6000rpms, you can beat your ass those pistons are kissing the heads.

Just wondering how many ls1 guys on here are running forged internals??? 346, 6.0l, etc????

Well I am running forged internals but not an LS1. And yea, I look forward to seeing you sometime down Walcut or Roberts.. hehehehe

hahaha, I'm sure I'll run into you.... as far as the transmission I know plenty of guys that are at 600 with the stock tranny and its holding up. I know its taking a beating but the longer it lasts me the better. I now a couple of pounds will not be noticed. But the set up with twins makes more sense to me now that I think about it. I was thinking of getting a single turbo for money reasons, but a dual would work better if I can afford it.

if your looking for 700 or less rwhp there is no reason to go larger that 347. IMHO

I have a 408, lunati crank with lunati pro billet rods, wiseco nitrous pistons. I almost went with the aluminum block for weight reasons. I am REALLY glad i did not. when i blew my head gaskets out last month it eroded a portion of both of my heads away. if i had an aluminum block it would have destroyed the deck and i would have had to pull the engine.

for me you just cant replace the sound of a big cammed car at idle. I think turbo cars are bad assed but Im still hooked on nitrous.

If your on a budget you could use youre current setup. Get some good pistons and rods, a nasty cam with some good heads. get a stand alone fuel system and a direct port with a progressive controller and you could easily make your stated goal. I say direct port because i think anything over a 175 shot should be direct port. or a victor style single plane.