BattleField: 2142 !

Mr. Jones

Not sure if any of you have played this demo yet,

If not, I'd highly recommend it if you're a fan of the "battlefield" saga.

I've got my copy pre-ordered but for now I satisfy the need w/ the free demo.

Overall, I think its a GREAT improvement over BF2.

My personal favorite addition is the MECH UNITS!!!

Yes, my fellow mechwarrior fans,,,,,the MECH IS BACK!!!

New modes of play are awesome..new weapons are awesome

(EMP GRENADES..need I say more?)

Took a few screenshots today for your viewing..

Yes, they are the usual 1920x1200 res so 56k CAN DIE.

http://www.columbusht.com/bf2142

Dont' forget to expand the image so it doesn't show up all grainy and ass like in your browser window :)

BF goes homo..

I lost almost all interest after the original BF1942 because it was just getting too sci-fi. Even BF2 was just too over the top for me because everything was so modern and truthfully, just wasn't as fun.

That demo sucks my balls.

Unstable piece of trash.

The fucking thing crashed 5 times in 27 minutes. I spent more time looking at the opening videos and loading screen than I did playing. Fuck EA.

And the ~5 minutes TOTAL that I did spend playing, were spent spawning under the feet of enemy Mechs. WTF is up with the spawn system here?

That demo sucks my balls.

Unstable piece of trash.

The fucking thing crashed 5 times in 27 minutes. I spent more time looking at the opening videos and loading screen than I did playing. Fuck EA.

And the ~5 minutes TOTAL that I did spend playing, were spent spawning under the feet of enemy Mechs. WTF is up with the spawn system here?

You serious?

I have ~3 hours under my belt last night

100% stable

You must have hit one wonky server or something

yeah was flaky for me as well got it installed deleted the download and tried to run the game and it errored out and gave me a goofy error and recommended that I reinstall.

d3dx9_29.dll is probably what the error was talking about. a lot of people are missing it from their system 32 files. its like a 2 mb file. find a friend thats running xp take a flash drive, copy and paste that specific file to the drive and place it in c:\windows\system32 on your comp. place it any where in that paramiter. im almost positive thats your problem. it was for me along with about 7 other people i know that downloaded the demo.