Window switch

V8 Beast

How many of you are running a window switch on your nitrous?? And whats a safe range of pills to use with respect to your shift points? Last night I ran a 3000-6000 and it messed me all up. I'm shifting around 6300/6400 depending on how good my traction is. I think I should be running a 6200 pill. I still have a stock tranny so spraying through the shifts is out of the question.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, I'm having my shift points re-programmed. I figure since I have a cam, springs, and push rods that can handle 7000rpm I'm going to shift higher. The only thing that worries me are the factory rod bolts. Im going to shift between 6700-6800 and use a 6600 pill.

never used a window switch on a auto. cause as soon as it shifts its coming right back on. or set it above your shift point.IMO

it'll break regardless..(trans)

Hell yeah! I have a progressive controller to soften the blow, but when I'm at the track I plan on spraying through once or twice. I would do it more but I need my tranny to hold up for another 9 months.

Hell yeah! I have a progressive controller to soften the blow, but when I'm at the track I plan on spraying through once or twice. I would do it more but I need my tranny to hold up for another 9 months.

Which controller are you using, and do you like it?

Thats exactly what I did. I have a 3200 - 6200 in there now. And I have the NOS digital controller. Considering I can set it to start off at 20% in first gear and ramp up to 100% over .01 - 9.999 seconds I think its great. I can keep tweaking it for maximum traction and spray off the line. And If I decide to get a second stage I can control it through the controller too. LOL!!! I sound like a damn commercial :p

I'll have to mess around with the shift points to see if I get better times at lower RPMs

Thats exactly what I did. I have a 3200 - 6200 in there now. And I have the NOS digital controller. Considering I can set it to start off at 20% in first gear and ramp up to 100% over .01 - 9.999 seconds I think its great. I can keep tweaking it for maximum traction and spray off the line. And If I decide to get a second stage I can control it through the controller too. LOL!!! I sound like a damn commercial :p

I'll have to mess around with the shift points to see if I get better times at lower RPMs

i just hit it with a 100 shot in first at the track :)