Battery Kill Switch Question

KlubFoot

Guest drumer919
Usually a starter kill switch and a battery cut off switch are 2 completly different things. The starter kill switch is a simple switch put inline of the signal wire to the starter so that, when its off, turning the key will not engauge the starter. A battery cut off switch must have a high load rating and does just that, disconnects the battery. They are required to be on the outside rear of your car if you relocate your battery to the trunck and want to go race. You can pick up a morosso from jegs for ~$35.

What if I don't want to go race? Does it HAVE to be on the outside of the car for everyday driving? I could even deal with a push off located under the hood. I just want something quick and easy to disconnect the battery, not the starter.

Guest drumer919
Well you could put it where ever you wanted, maybe on the driver side floor for convience, but I agree, fix the drain. I dont know about you but I hate loosing my clock and radio presets.

Guest drumer919
the bad thing about mounting them in the floor is the wires would be so close too the ground!! speed bumps have a way of wacking it..not good.

How are your fuel/brake lines ran? There should be no slack anywhere, if you do it right you wont have a problem, if you let it hang loose then yeah, your fucked, but your also an idiot. I had two N2O lines and a 0 gauge battery cable under my car and never had a problem.

Guest Removed
How are your fuel/brake lines ran? There should be no slack anywhere, if you do it right you wont have a problem, if you let it hang loose then yeah, your fucked, but your also an idiot. I had two N2O lines and a 0 gauge battery cable under my car and never had a problem.

then drill a 7/8 hole in the floor pan with a switch that will hang down close too 3"...and how do my fuel or brake lines tell you anything?

my car sits rather high, do too the fact that my headers hang so low.

btw idiot..do you realize how tall the on/off switchs are? not something i would want hanging under my car...

Guest drumer919
Why the name calling I wasn't calling you an idiot, I was just saying that if someone (anyone) let any lines hang loose under their car it would be a stupid thing to do. I was just stating my opinion, yes I know how tall they are, I had one on my old car. I'm sure if he really wanted to put it there he could find a way, maybe put it on the side, by the tranny or something so its not pointing down. Obviously you know more than me though.