Sniper Tuning?

bonacci01

Ok, to make a long story short: this winter I am taking on a street legal buggy project. I bought a frame that is already titled as a 65 dune buggy. I cut everything VW off of it and am going to swap in a 2.0 zetec motor from the contour/focus/zx2. This will be a very similar setup to the ariel atom for those of you familiar with that, rear engine, rwd, 2 seater. Plans are to turbo the motor on light boost to around 200/200. (buggy weighing ~1200lbs)

Now, I currently own a focus and have helped other focus owners build various turbo setups. One bought the sct pro racer package, one ran just mail order burnt chip. The prp runs about 7-800 bucks. Upon researching other alteritives to tune with, I found http://www.snipertuning.com They look to have a decent option that retails for 400 bucks. I want to have a user programable tuning setup because I am sure the setup will change over time.

Anyone have experience with the Sniper tuning? Pros/cons??? Help would be appreciated. Thanks - Anthony

+1

Megasquirt is VERY hands on, but the tuning is great.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but upon research of megasquirt 2, it looks as if I would have to solder together boards and components. That is a little out of my interest. Is it possible to buy one ready to plug in and tune??

The sniper tuning looks to have a decent program, but I have yet to find a single person that has used it to tune a FI zetec on any of the focus, zx2, or cougar boards....

maybe ill just have to break down and buy the sct prp

(and don't forget these are not like hondas....these motors use maf sensors and return-less fuel systems) fun fun