CR winter bench racing

Guest Removed

Bromley mountain is ok. But if you have the time to drive, got to Jay Peak up by New port VT. I grew up in VT, and this is my favorite mountain to go to. More terrain than you can ride in a day. It's not all roped off. Pretty much go where you want. Glades that will scare the shit out of you. Steep, but not everywhere. And the most snow you will find on any hill. It's never over crowded either. I have been over my waist in snow there in some parts. Many areas you will be the first to make a line in the snow. Trust me, Joe knows snow.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay Peak is definitely one of the best in the northeast. Better crowdswise than Killington or Okemo, on par with Stratton but cheaper (I remember a couple years ago Stratton had the highest lift ticket prices in America). I grew up in CT, so I've skiied as far north as Mt. Sutton in Quebec, and places like Jay Peak, Stowe, etc. IMO Northeast skiing is the best because its so much more challenging than out west. When I'm on the snowboard, I love to hit the powder with steep slopes like they have out west, but that hard, fast VT "crunch" is so much fun. The best thing I like about Bromley is that I've never waited longer than 10 minutes in a lift line because its so close to Stratton and Okemo that only locals and faithfuls go there. If you grew up in VT, then I assume you've skiied the real Mad River, huh?

I digress...you can never have too much benchracing speed.

Jay Peak is definitely one of the best in the northeast. Better crowdswise than Killington or Okemo, on par with Stratton but cheaper (I remember a couple years ago Stratton had the highest lift ticket prices in America). I grew up in CT, so I've skiied as far north as Mt. Sutton in Quebec, and places like Jay Peak, Stowe, etc. IMO Northeast skiing is the best because its so much more challenging than out west. When I'm on the snowboard, I love to hit the powder with steep slopes like they have out west, but that hard, fast VT "crunch" is so much fun. The best thing I like about Bromley is that I've never waited longer than 10 minutes in a lift line because its so close to Stratton and Okemo that only locals and faithfuls go there. If you grew up in VT, then I assume you've skiied the real Mad River, huh?

You just need to know the right places to go out west

Is anyone interested in doing a Team this year? I am willing to build but with some of the accidents last year my wife don't want me to pilot. I've got about 100$ to put towards it this year.

Also do we have a cash cap ? we talked about it before.

Is anyone interested in doing a Team this year? I am willing to build but with some of the accidents last year my wife don't want me to pilot. I've got about 100$ to put towards it this year.

Also do we have a cash cap ? we talked about it before.

If my bench falls through......I'd have no problem piloting your bench for you, if you want

actually i'm working with Wings West to get them to use a couple of their hood molds to make us some slammin "benches", in case anyone is interested on being on a sponsored team...they're trying to make this shit an X-Games sport for the winter of 2007.

actually i'm working with Wings West to get them to use a couple of their hood molds to make us some slammin "benches", in case anyone is interested on being on a sponsored team...they're trying to make this shit an X-Games sport for the winter of 2007.

Srsly? Those hoods have so many speed holes in them that it would create retarded amounts of drag. I'm using a BMW hood, it's nice and smooth, with a good slope in the front to pack everything down in front of me. It's light enough that I can get a running start with it, and it gives me a touch of class.