Classic auto financing

Lustalbert

those are neat cars

way ahead of their day

i've never found financing for classic cars to be very easy

they'd rather you buy a 20k plastic POS and have to buy another 20K plastic POS in 5 years...and keep you hooked

it sometimes helps if you tell them what an incredible deal you're getting on the car - say it's worth 20k and you're getting it for 10

"With the assistance of car racing legend Andy Granatelli, Studebaker also developed a production "R-3" engine for the Avanti. The 289 was bored initially to 299 cubic inches, and later to 304.5 cubic inches (just under the class-C five-liter limit). The R-3 employed special cylinder heads with much larger intake ports and larger valves, an aluminum intake manifold with correspondingly larger ports, "long-branch" lower restriction exhaust manifolds, a higher lift cam, and a Paxton Supercharger blowing through a Carter AFB four-barrel carburetor mounted in a pressurized aluminum box. The R-3 was rated at 335 horsepower, but reportedly dynoed at 400 horsepower at the flywheel!"

I belive that is the engine you are refering to.

The one I am looking at is a R-2, 289 stude, paxton blower, 290HP.

Thanks for the input so far.

Studebaker's are some cool cars. They were really way ahead of there times. My Dad owned many of them because of how cheap they were. And he totalled all of them street racing in South Zanesville in the 60's and 70's. Yeah my Dad never claimed to be a good driver.