Chrome Removal

Guest glacier985

Guest glacier985

Anyone know of any local (central ohio) shop that removes chrome, maybe a recommendation?. I've got a pair of wheels that have the chrome coming off and I would like to get it removed.

thanks in advance

Any chrome shop can do that.... you can also try wheel medic off of 71 near the fair grounds they might be able to point you in the right direction. I will warn you, getting chrome work done is not cheap. There is a ALOT more to the process than most people think!

I had these guys stip some prowler wheels for me a while back. They are in Illinois.

http://www.qualitychromeplating.com/

They also replate, but are much more expensive then Wen Den or Plate Corp (in California). Also, something to consider... when they strip, they remove the chrome and the nickel leaving the copper. You can smooth, but you have to use a high build primer to recoat.

Guest glacier985
The problem is I don't know of any chrome shops the columbus area. I really don't want to ship them out to anyplace either. I am begining to think that it might not be chrome on the wheels, but instead some other type of plating. I chipped some off yesterday and I was expecting to see a copper color, but instead it was black and it sanded right off and went down to the aluminum.