Bad Lower Intake Gasket

Guest Hal

Ok guys, I told some of you I would post up a pic of what I believe was the leak in my car. I'm not sure if this could've caused a big problem or not, but here is is. Opinions are more than welcome.

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/powercats/random%20pics/gasket.jpg

Greg, could it've caused the strange idle and the unmeterd air problem? I'm not sure if something that small (the picture doesn't show it well though) could cause the leak I had.

Gearhead, it was way too much boost that did it.

Greg, could it've caused the strange idle and the unmeterd air problem? I'm not sure if something that small (the picture doesn't show it well though) could cause the leak I had.

Gearhead, it was way too much boost that did it.

Could. It looks like it would be a pretty small leak at idle though. I would still be look elseware as you cannot account for large clouds of smoke you talked with me about.

Could. It looks like it would be a pretty small leak at idle though. I would still be look elseware as you cannot account for large clouds of smoke you talked with me about.

I'm gonna try the leakdown like you said and see if maybe it was a head gasket. The smoking was really strange but seemed to go away the last couple times I started it. Oh well though, I have all winter to play with it.