FS: Marlin 30/30

Guest Hal

I've got my Marlin 30/30 up for sale. I've never even put a round through this rifle. I've shot other 30/30s and thought they were a fun gun to shoot, I just don't need this one. I paid well over $400 for this with its case and scope. I'd like to let it go with case no scope (lost it :confused: ) for $325 firm.

You must be over 18 to buy this, sorry no exceptions.

Here are pics. I also can't find the scope, so the price is dropped to $325.

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/powercats/gun1.JPG

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/powercats/serial.JPG

Still for sale, I'm also open to trades for a pistol (preferably not a revolver) or a pump action 12g, I would prefer the pistol though.

Mods please edit title if you see this to read "FS or Trade: Marlin 30/30".

I can be in possesion of a handgun, but cannot buy one through a dealer. If I want to get one I need to purchase it either privately or through a gun show. These ways do not require a brady background check and operate on a cash and carry policy. If that info is incorrect of outdated please let me know, that would be relative to my interests.

Look here, about 25% down: http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/FederalGunLaws.aspx?ID=60

Ineligible Persons

The following classes of people are ineligible to possess, receive, ship, or transport firearms or ammunition:

Those convicted of crimes punishable by imprisonment for over one year, except state misdemeanors punishable by two years or less.

Fugitives from justice.

Unlawful users of certain depressant, narcotic, or stimulant drugs.

Those adjudicated as mental defectives or incompetents or those committed to any mental institution.

Illegal aliens.

Citizens who have renounced their citizenship.

Those persons dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces.

Persons less than 18 years of age for the purchase of a shotgun or rifle.

Persons less than 21 years of age for the purchase of a firearm that is other than a shotgun or rifle.

Persons subject to a court order that restrains such persons from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner.

Persons convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.

------------------------------------

So...no...YOU CANNOT LEGALLY PURCHASE A HANDGUN from ANYONE

KillJoy

PS - Trading is also a no-no ;)

So read further I will also accept trades for a pump 12g. I'm not arguing the legality, more the loophole that would "allow" me to get ahold of one. While not a completely legal method I can at the very least possess any type of firearm I'd like. But, that's not what this thread is about. So now that this issue is done, if anyone wants to buy my gun let me know, otherwise I would appreciate if there are no other off topic posts in here, thanks.

The NRA is off on possession at least in Ohio.

JUVENILE POSSESSION

Are minors restricted from possessing guns? No

No state restrictions on kids possessing firearms, including handguns and semiautomatic assault weapons. The state does not even require a child to have parental permission to have a gun.

GUN SHOW CHECKS

Are background checks required at gun shows? No

No state requirement that a Brady criminal background check be done on people buying guns at gun shows if they are sold by "private" individuals or gun "collectors." Gun shows can operate on a "no questions asked, cash-and-carry" basis, making it easy for criminals and even juveniles to buy as many guns as they want at gun shows, including assault weapons. No records are required to be kept on gun show sales by private individuals or gun collectors, making it almost impossible for police to trace such weapons if they are used in a crime.

Never said OWN I said POSSESS. Thanks but I am aware of how the law works. I am aware of where I can get screwed on this, and how not to. My dad happens to be a defense attorney and my uncle happens to be a cop. I have asked both about this extensively. Please keep any further comments out of this thread as I previously asked.

Edit:

The info below is straight from the ATF. They also address underage possession, and there doesn't seem to be a federal law on it. Parents can however purchase guns for their children (under 18). So, if someone has a handgun I can arrange for the purchase to go through one of my parents.

(B5) Are there certain persons who cannot legally receive or possess firearms and/or ammunition?

Yes, a person who –

(1) Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year;

(2) Is a fugitive from justice;

(3) Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;

(4) Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution;

(5) Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States or an alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa;

(6) Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;

(7) Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his or her citizenship;

(8) Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner; or

(9) Has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence

(10) Cannot lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm.

New info on the rifle. I found the scope and am putting it back with the gun, the price remains $325.

i got a new remington 870 express magnum 12ga pump shotgun. its a unique compared to all the other 870 models b/c it has a national wildlife turkey federation stamp on the side of the gun. it comes with pistol grip front and back w/ an adjustable ar-15 style butt. all stock pieces with it also (wood pieces). let me know if interested