michigan retains number 2 ranking!

Orion

They should.They got beat by the No. 1 team on the road by 3 points.Go to a neutral site and things could change.I was all against a rematch until the game yesterday.The only problem would be when Michigan wins and then they are split 1-1.If OSU plays anyone else but Michigan for the BCS Championship they will win easily.OSU and Michigan are without a doubt the best 2 teams in the country,but I don't think it will happen.

This is bullshit ...

A) Who did Michigan beat all year?

A.1) Wisconsin? Where are they?

A.2) The "Big Ten" was the "Big Two" all year, sorry Iowa.

B) Michigan did not win their conference, they do not deserve a National title shot.

C) I blame ESPN. Their bobble head announcers at the end of Saturday's coverage are talking about how Michigan is still number 2. Fact of the matter is those people are influencing votes and propagating Michigan's propaganda.

C.2) Michigan - "We are the Victors"; see below

C.3) Fuck Michigan

C.4) How about showing some OSU love and the credit they deserve.

D) Michigan is getting too much "love" for beating ND earlier this year which is inflating their rankings.

E) OSU does not get the proper national attention they deserve; and its our fault.

E.1) People rioting in Columbus in years past has a negative impact on today's opinion.

E.2) Every NCAA program has problems. Our football program dealt with Clarett and other issues in recent years; a negative impact on our national image that does not change overnight.

E.3) People are jealous of OSU, our program, our facility, our alumni, and our fans.

E.3a) ok, not really our fault but we are always a target.

F) Michigan claims 11 "national championships"

F.1) The AP poll started in 1936

F.2) 8 of Michigan's 11 "national championships" are identified before the AP Poll.

F.3) I move to say 8 of the 11 are crap and more of the "we are the victors" propaganda.

Michigan played though yesterday but lost in their shot at OSU. They are a great team but do not deserve another chance and a shot at the crystal football.

A.2) The "Big Ten" was the "Big Two" all year, sorry Iowa.

Who honestly deserves to be in the game then?

Notre Dame if they beat USC, not really. They lost to Michigan, so Michigan wins out there

USC, no they lost to an unranked Oregon St. plus will most likely be beaten by Notre Dame.

Arkansas, well they still have a beat a tough LSU team, but I still don't believe they will be in it.

It all goes back to Michigan who has been highly ranked all year and only lost to the #1 team by 3 points on the road. Michigan is the only obvious answer.

Corso sucks, he always picks against us. HOOK EM HORNS AHHH fuck you corso! I would almost prefer he picks against us, we win almost every time he picks against us.

Uhh, everyone Corso picks loses, funniest sign at a pregame was one that read "Team A HOPES Corso picks Team B" couldn't remember the names but you get the idea. If there was ever a need for a playoff system in College Football it is now.

This is bullshit ...

Yep right at #8.....

Higher then all these teams:

Northern Illinois

Cincinnati

Penn State

Iowa

Bowling Green

Michigan State

Indiana

Minnesota

Illinois

Northwestern

Who is left? Texas, and MICHIGAN

:o

I think you guys are being a tad bit hard on Lee Corso. Most of what he does - with the whole helmet/prediction thing and all - is done mostly tongue in cheek, at least IMO, and more to simply get the crowd behind him riled up. It seems all in good fun to me. I certainly wouldn't put him in the same group as Brent, that's for sure.

they won't play ND, but there's a definite chance for USC. Remember when the Sooners lost to Kansas St. in the last game, and then still went to the championship game which they lost? I'm not saying they deserved the trip there, I'm just saying its how it worked out. If USC wins against ND and UCLA, there's no doubt that they'll be in the national championship game.

If USC beats ND and UCLA, they will be #2. Michigan sits dead in the water now with no more games for the Pac-10. I don't think USC can beat Ohio this year, but they're my team and I'd still enjoy watching it. This means that Michigan could play in the Rose Bowl which would probably be against California, my other fav team. Again, I think they will lose against Mich, but stranger thing have happened. Too bad half of USC's starters are freshmen, but they'll only get better same kinda goes for Ohio, too. I'm sorry, I mean The Ohio State Buckeyes. ;)

Someone help me to understand the media because I may be missing something. A safe guess would be that around 95% of articles found online are discussing the fact that Michigan will remain #2 and hardly anything about OSU going through the entire season undefeated and ranked #1 from preseason. Color me confused. I guess Michigan losing is more newsworthy than OSU winning.

Someone help me to understand the media because I may be missing something. A safe guess would be that around 95% of articles found online are discussing the fact that Michigan will remain #2 and hardly anything about OSU going through the entire season undefeated and ranked #1 from preseason. Color me confused. I guess Michigan losing is more newsworthy than OSU winning.

Um yeah, the drama lama rules.....

there is no way nd could play before um, also usc will lose, florida still has fsu, and ark in the sec,ark still has lsu & uf. but remember kids ark lost to usc. big 12 has 2 l's, big east 1 loss. But if usc wins out, and um stays idle they will jump um. I still like perfect rating we received. what sucks for um, though is that they will only replay osu in nats, or nd in the rose. If you are a big ten fan you want osu-um, and wis too go to the rose. thats what 36 million for big ten.

Guest [ i v i ]
Why does everyone hate Brent Musberger so much? So he screws up a little when he calls a game and doesn't know how to pronounce people's names sometimes. Nobody's perfect. You don't see Texas A&M fans getting all riled up because he called Kyle Field "Kyle Stadium". Let it go.

the media has always loved Michigan and it has always had a small grudge against Ohio State, unless OSU is one of the top teams.

I previously thought a rematch for the title would be great. I mean, what's better than beating UM twice in one year? However, after watching what probably was the greatest game I've ever seen on Saturday, what would a rematch do to that memory?

I say UM had their chance. Let's beat someone else so there is NO DOUBT who is number 1. USC has been begging for a beat down for years. Let's give it to them.

']Why does everyone hate Brent Musberger so much? So he screws up a little when he calls a game and doesn't know how to pronounce people's names sometimes. Nobody's perfect. You don't see Texas A&M fans getting all riled up because he called Kyle Field "Kyle Stadium". Let it go.

Dude, if the only thing he did was fuck up a few people's names then I'd be the last to have a beef with him. However, he has done WAY more than that. He's a biased prick, and his bias has been obvious over the years. Perhaps a little less obvious these past few years, but still obvious.

So, no, I won't let it go. :)