tranny

Guest 5.7

DO NOT use full synthetic fluid in late-model GM trannies! Use Dextron III as per factory specs, and if you feel froggy, use GM Synchromesh additive.

Stay away from synthetic, this goes for the rear differential as well. Use only 80w gear oil w/ a bottle of GM Limited Slip Additive.

DO NOT use full synthetic fluid in late-model GM trannies! Use Dextron III as per factory specs, and if you feel froggy, use GM Synchromesh additive.

Stay away from synthetic, this goes for the rear differential as well. Use only 80w gear oil w/ a bottle of GM Limited Slip Additive.

Syncromesh is a fluid sold by the qt. not just an additive. I would only run syncromesh in mine due to how much better my trans felt after switching the fluid in mine.

Yeah, like Anthony said I would make them drive it, and make sure its fixed. And let them know about the issues with the older F-body trannys. A lot of dealers sell the cars but dont know a lot about the history of them. And to make things worst they just make up stories that sound good to get you to go home. Thats why I always come to CR before I go anywhere near my dealership..... But on the flip side if its a good dealership they may get you the upgraded parts at no charge.

I'll give them a call first thing tomorrow.. cause i have to really granny shift it.. I raced two SRT4's tonight grinding EVERY gear.. couldn't get into 5th at all.. someone said my reverse lights came on for about 2secs.. so I don't know.. but I beat both of them.. It was coming out of third tonight.. My thing is what if he tries to tell me I did it?? but honestly.. I asked and asked before I came home with it.. so they know.. but I don't know what they will do since their tech looked at it.. and said it was just cold.. I'd really hate to go through with a law suit.. but hey, i might get a better tranny that way..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/deejay02/z2811.jpg

Any day after sunday I will be.. I get off at 11 sunday and then 6 the rest of the week..

edit:

I called them today and they told me their owner/manager isn't in and won't be back till Monday. Someone told me Is hould just give it back, but I actually like my car.. haha so hopefully this all can get fixed and resolved without much of a fight.